PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Accord LX Sedan - New owner :)

ericalbion
09-20-2020, 03:34 PM
Greeting from Tacoma WA, I just picked up an '89 Accord in really great shape. I think it has maybe had three owners before me, definitely hasn't lived anywhere with too much humidity. Can't wait to get it on the road, I probably have a week or so before the title transfer goes through and I can get temp plates. Drove it home last night and it is running super smooth, very excited to learn more and keep this car in good shape.

I found this forum when looking for a pdf of the owners manual but it looks like a pdf no longer exists, I am going to buy one on ebay in a few days unless anyone has recommendations on where to get one cheaper. I have been going through the maintenance book that is available online, pretty good reading.

Looking forward to learning more and maybe meeting up with WA folks when things are safer. Cheers!

Oldblueaccord
09-20-2020, 05:20 PM
Hello and welcome.

https://www.3geez.com/forum/3geez-accords/25137-1986-1989-accord-shop-manual-updated-5.html

does the Drop box link not work for you?

ericalbion
09-20-2020, 05:50 PM
was able to find that shop manual no problem, but not the owners manual. The shop manual is great but doesn't tell me some basic things, it's all in depth maintenance stuff that will be handy down the road. For now I just need the diagram of the engine, the type of oil, tire pressure, really simple stuff that I don't know and would like in the glove box :)

Oldblueaccord
09-20-2020, 05:53 PM
was able to find that shop manual no problem, but not the owners manual. The shop manual is great but doesn't tell me some basic things, it's all in depth maintenance stuff that will be handy down the road. For now I just need the diagram of the engine, the type of oil, tire pressure, really simple stuff that I don't know and would like in the glove box :)

Oh ok yeah those come up time to time on Ebay.

Ill see if I can dig mine up and copy what you need.