PDA

View Full Version : New 1986 Accord Dx Owner

TorWheeler
09-21-2020, 03:41 PM
So I just got a 1986 accord DX auto real cheap and I need help doing a couple things. I need to replace the belts, head gaskets, and possibly the carb. I'm new to car repair but did quite a few of the basic things on my 1996 civic. I've looked through the forum and found good info on how to do these things, but was wondering if any of you have any good video explanations for my specific vehicle. I've got lots of time but not that much money and I'd really appreciate the help. I really like this car and would love for it to last.

Oldblueaccord
09-21-2020, 07:59 PM
So I just got a 1986 accord DX auto real cheap and I need help doing a couple things. I need to replace the belts, head gaskets, and possibly the carb. I'm new to car repair but did quite a few of the basic things on my 1996 civic. I've looked through the forum and found good info on how to do these things, but was wondering if any of you have any good video explanations for my specific vehicle. I've got lots of time but not that much money and I'd really appreciate the help. I really like this car and would love for it to last.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD8S7mReWuShs1RA6s4Y-UQ/videos

He has a 3 part vid. of the head gasket replacement.

Welcome to the 3geez world.

The rockauto discount link also has alot of cheap parts for our cars too.