PDA

View Full Version : Help fixing idle

TyronasaurLX-i
10-29-2020, 04:23 PM
The idle runs a tad high and fluctuates very slightly up and down. When shifting from drive to park the idle will bounce between 1k and 2k. Just replaced emessions box and most of the vacuum lines but still going to check for leaks. If I'm not mistaken the IACV is in the emissions box so it is definitely clean. Don't know if it's related but the cruise control works like 50% of the time, shutting off randomly while in use or just not activating. I can make a short video of the idle later if it helps. I appreciate any insight into fixing this, I thought getting the emissions box back in would fix it and it did for the first 2 times but then started again.

Oldblueaccord
10-29-2020, 10:13 PM
The EACV p12-41 of the manual handles the warm idle duties. it is mounted on the front of the intake right near the injectors and has small coolant lines running in and out of it.

it gets air trapped in the lines sometimes loosening the lines while the car running and letting a little coolant leak out gets the job done.

TyronasaurLX-i
11-03-2020, 03:16 PM
I've tried this a few times and can't seem to fix it. Maybe I'm not letting enough out? Could I try to bleed through the radiator or is that dumb?

Oldblueaccord
11-03-2020, 06:17 PM
I've tried this a few times and can't seem to fix it. Maybe I'm not letting enough out? Could I try to bleed through the radiator or is that dumb?

there is a bleeder on the thermostat housing as well. Usually you bleed there first but for what ever reason I have had air still in the lines on the EACV as well.

https://www.3geez.com/forum/3geez-accords/66456-filling-cooling-system-2.html

if your coolant is full I let the car warm up and then crack the bleeder screw with the car revved up 1500 to 2000 rpms and run the air out that way. think of it like bleeder the cars brake system. I shut the bleeder before I let off the throttle so not to suck air back into the system. I use a long 3/8 extension and 10mm deep well socket.

he EACV may not be working correctly is also a possibly.

TyronasaurLX-i
11-03-2020, 07:15 PM
Will definitely be doing this tomorrow, thanks for this

Dr_Snooz
11-05-2020, 09:44 PM
Almost certainly a vacuum leak.