PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Power Steering Fluid Reservoir Solution?

sawyersmith
12-05-2020, 05:54 AM
Hey all,

My power steering fluid reservoir somehow developed a crack in it down below where the hoses enter into it.

Are there any good aftermarket solutions for a reservoir or am I stuck doing the junkyard hunt?

I’m not finding much on Google or eBay other than used tanks, and even then, the pickings are pretty slim.

Thanks in advance!

1989 Accord LX

Oldblueaccord
12-05-2020, 12:55 PM
Snooz did some write ups on using an aftermarket one and he fixed his original once with glue.

Currently no one has come up with solution using stock parts.

Reminder there is a filter in the reservoir so used ones is buyer beware.

sawyersmith
12-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Snooz did some write ups on using an aftermarket one and he fixed his original once with glue.

Currently no one has come up with solution using stock parts.

Reminder there is a filter in the reservoir so used ones is buyer beware.

Yikes. That doesn’t sound good. Didn’t know there was a filter in there.

Maybe forgoing the filter, I see other universal reservoirs out there. Might see what I can come up with.

Oldblueaccord
12-05-2020, 04:21 PM
https://www.3geez.com/forum/how/81406-install-inline-ps-filter.html

I dug it out for you.

I think thats what Snooze did with his too.

EDIT:

https://www.3geez.com/forum/classic-honda-community-chat/66022-my-hoopty-14.html

start on page 14 post #328

Dr_Snooz
12-05-2020, 10:39 PM
Yeah, the external filter with that reservoir is working great. You have to do some wizardry with the hose routing because the old reservoir has 3 ports, where the new one only has two. I just teed the two return lines together. Had I known that anyone but me would care about this, I'd have done a how-to. As it is, you'll have to figure it out on your own. Sorry. There are two different sizes of line going into the reservoir and you'll need both sizes to make it work. You'll also have to fab up a simple bracket to hold the new reservoir. The new reservoir came with straight barb fittings, but you'll need elbow fittings or you won't get it in the available space.