PDA

View Full Version : I'm coming back!!!!

Forgar_88
01-31-2021, 10:40 AM
Hot damn it has been a while folks! I joined up way back in February 2003 when I had a pretty fun Accord hatchie. Long story but after getting it impounded, sold at auction by the towing company, found and bought back the next spring, then sold to a friend and bought a third time before getting it stripped and crushed.

Well, two years ago I got another one finally, and had to fix a few things to use it as a daily driver. I have a wild idea to make it an AWD, midengine beast, but that will be later on. Right now though, it is time to finally make it interesting! I am working on building it as a period correct tuner from the early 2000s. I have sourced a Streetglow green neon tube underbody setup and music interface module (2006), big double spoiler, short ram cool air intake (from a 90-93 Accord, just like I used back in 2003), and the big oval muffler reminiscent of my old setup. I am thinking the car will get painted either a dark charcoal or black, windows tinted, and lowered (still can't find the old Eibach 2.5" lowering suspension kit I had back then). here are some pics of the old car, current car, and parts! I even found a bunch of 1999-2005 Super Street and Import Tuner magazines online, bought them, and can use as reference lol I am looking for the old Blaupunkt head unit and Rockford Fosgate subs like I had also.:rockon::lol::nuts:

Whatcha all think? I kinda feel that the next fad or cool thing will be the cars coming back from about 20 years ago...
Here is the new girl, Lexi (1987 Lxi, 5 spd)

Oldblueaccord
01-31-2021, 06:26 PM
Big plus one +1 on the music interface for the street under glow! Thats a damn must!

I actually remember your cars picture because of the wing. I'm into downforce and getting some ideas of what I want to do with mine.

Red_Aerodeck
02-01-2021, 03:38 AM
Welcome back!

And hellz yez, underglow!

conozo
02-01-2021, 04:14 AM
Welcome back. New car looks good and I think your plans are awesome.

hatchback_wes
02-01-2021, 07:39 PM
Hi, congrats on coming in in the new(old) ride! I have an 86 hatch auto in charcoal as well that I'm trying to daily :)

Dr_Snooz
02-02-2021, 05:28 PM
Sounds like a fun plan. Can't wait to see it!