PDA

View Full Version : Need To Replace Water Pump Inlet Pipe

Feature
02-01-2021, 12:48 AM
Hey all,

As I'm sure many of us have dealt with, I've bought an old Honda Accord with a filthy coolant system.
It's been a real headache but the main trouble I'm having at the moment is trying to locate a new (or at least not rusted) water pump inlet pipe.

I've had a nipple rust off, and my car is basically being held together with epoxy for the moment.

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a water pump inlet pipe? I'm in Australia but I've come to terms with the fact I'll most likely have to order in from abroad.

Picture of it from the workshop manual, my Accord has the A20A4 and I think there's some differences in the hose nipple placement between the different models.

Sandwich
02-01-2021, 01:27 AM
Theyre pretty hard to come by I'm afraid, I've got mine (A20A4 one) off the car, so can send some decent photos this afternoon, you might have to make one up, or salvage it really.

Does your accord have a coolant hose coming off a nipple at the water pump end going to an oil cooler at the oil filter base?

Feature
02-01-2021, 03:02 AM
I'm afraid not - no nipple towards the water pump end. Mine's identical to the inlet pipe on the left of the workshop manual picture, if yours has the nipple on the water pump end it's most likely the one illustrated on the right.

Also just noticed we have similar join dates haha. My Accord was in storage for at least 7 years, I imagine we're sharing a lot of the same pain.

conozo
02-01-2021, 04:25 AM
I had this issue years ago I brought it to a special honda shop, he welded a new one on. I'm not sure if he got a new one from a 4g accord or what but it was very inexpensive.