PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a Honda

Jamnar_V
05-15-2021, 09:54 AM
Finally got my hands on my own Honda.
Wife texted me at work to say a 1989 Accord LXi coupe showed up on the local craigslist for $600 in running condition.
Had to leave work early to snatch that one up. Nice to be the first one to show up with cash for a change. By the time I got there he already had 26 people interested in it!
Very thankful he did not allow it to become a bidding war.
Fresh fluids, belts and tires and now it's my daily driver.
Given the pipeline hack and resulting gas shortages this week it was good to be driving this one now.

I'm not interested in major mods. This is my daily driver for my 40 mile commute to work.
Given that my route is a nice combination of country road twisties, small town slomo through speed trap and 75+ mph highway driving my main concerns are good handling, good gas mileage and decent power for passing and hill climbing.
Overall I've been happy with the performance of this particular Honda, especially given its age and the fact that it seems to be bone stock.

Oldblueaccord
05-15-2021, 03:42 PM
Wife texted me at work to say a 1989 Accord LXi coupe showed up on the local craigslist for $600 in running condition.
Had to leave work early to snatch that one up. Nice to be the first one to show up with cash for a change. By the time I got there he already had 26 people interested in it!
Given the pipeline hack and resulting gas shortages this week it was good to be driving this one now.

I'm not interested in major mods. This is my daily driver for my 40 mile commute to work.
Given that my route is a nice combination of country road twisties, small town slomo through speed trap and 75+ mph highway driving my main concerns are good handling, good gas mileage and decent power for passing and hill climbing.
Overall I've been happy with the performance of this particular Honda, especially given its age and the fact that it seems to be bone stock.

Welcome to the forums!

Great price on a great car!

Dr_Snooz
05-15-2021, 09:14 PM
Glad you got it. Welcome to the board!

Bobby Schmidt
06-29-2021, 10:52 AM
Had to leave work early to snatch that one up. Nice to be the first one to show up with cash for a change. By the time I got there he already had 26 people interested in it (https://carplus.co.uk/car-finance/)!

Hi Jamnar :)
My congratulations on your buying a great and reliable car. I am myself the owner of an Accord which is about the same age as of your car :) I am sure you will be satisfied with it as much as I am with mine.

2oodoor
06-29-2021, 11:07 AM

congrats!

GreyACR
07-04-2021, 04:07 PM
Welcome and congrats! Enjoy the mod projects