PDA

View Full Version : b16a engine?

hatrick6
03-09-2003, 12:45 AM
ok, so i have '89 accord lxi coupe, i wnat to drop in the series 1 b16a engine, besides buying the engine itself and the adapting motor mounts from place racing, is there anything else that i have to buy for the engine swap, or is this all i will be needing? and if i do need more parts, would someone mind telling me why?

netfreak
03-09-2003, 12:51 AM
Axles - yours won't fit I don't think
Wiring harness - see above

Those items are also available from Place Racing

Jims 86LXI HB
03-09-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by hatrick6
ok, so i have '89 accord lxi coupe, i wnat to drop in the series 1 b16a engine, besides buying the engine itself and the adapting motor mounts from place racing, is there anything else that i have to buy for the engine swap, or is this all i will be needing? and if i do need more parts, would someone mind telling me why?

Your question has already been answered. When ever you visit any forum on the internet for the first time, you should always review the FAQ section and then run a search. Most forums have a ton on info, but only if your willing to look. Here's the FAQ post that answers your question
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90

And if that does not do it for you use the search button at the top of the screen and type in b16a swap narrow your search to the engine swap forum.

SiCReX
03-09-2003, 04:59 PM
you know jim, you could have just answered his question and it probably would have saved you half the time instead of writing a whole paragraph and searching for the link to give him.

carotman
03-09-2003, 05:32 PM
yup, but that will save alot of future questions :) hatrick6 will know what are the odds of the swap and ask the "important" questions

Swan
03-15-2003, 11:04 PM
think about it... no matter how many times someone says "search and read FAQs", someone still gonna ask you the same question... I admit, I have done the same thing... read the faq's, searched, and still ended up asking the same thing.... is what I"m saying, is telling people to search is the most pointless thing ever

Jims 86LXI HB
03-16-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Swan
think about it... no matter how many times someone says "search and read FAQs", someone still gonna ask you the same question... I admit, I have done the same thing... read the faq's, searched, and still ended up asking the same thing.... is what I"m saying, is telling people to search is the most pointless thing ever

Think about this,........turn around is fair play. If your not willing to lift a finger to find something, something that I have already done the work to answer, why should I do the work of answering yet again. Your not willing to work, why should I. And think about this, the search does not have a pointless existance, it's their for a reason so use it. And point of fact, I belong to several other automotive forums and ALL of them ask people that ask frequently asked questions to run a search, it is the way life is on all forums, not just ours. And more often than not on those other forums those people are VERY MEAN when they tell people to run a search, compaired to them we are extreamly polite. I will continue to advice people to use the search feature until I am cold and dead. Sore point with me,...........why yes it is and for any member that has contributed a enormous amount to the board. :werd: