PDA

View Full Version : Parts to Replace

asianwills
10-02-2021, 01:12 PM
Just yesterday I was able to take down my transmission for a clutch repair. Before I started putting everything back together, I was wondering if there are some other parts that I should replace. Kinda as a preventative, I don’t really want to take it down for a while. For example, I know it is a good idea to replace the rear main seal, and pilot bearing; maybe even the throw out bearing and throw out spring. But is there anything else that would be a good idea to replace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldblueaccord
10-02-2021, 03:31 PM
Just yesterday I was able to take down my transmission for a clutch repair. Before I started putting everything back together, I was wondering if there are some other parts that I should replace. Kinda as a preventative, I don’t really want to take it down for a while. For example, I know it is a good idea to replace the rear main seal, and pilot bearing; maybe even the throw out bearing and throw out spring. But is there anything else that would be a good idea to replace?

I would replace the throw out bearing.

The other stuff I wouldnt worry about unless the rear main is leaking. I dont think you have a pilot bearing and the spring /arm combo haven't been available for a long while.

asianwills
10-02-2021, 03:59 PM
Cool, thank you!!

the spring /arm combo haven't been available for a long while.
That would be really depressing if you had that spring break then.

Dr_Snooz
10-06-2021, 08:31 PM
The other stuff I wouldnt worry about unless the rear main is leaking.

I'd like to argue, but yeah, the rear mains on these cars never seem to have problems.