PDA

View Full Version : Twin Accords

Archangel12
11-09-2021, 05:20 PM
Hey folks, I usually only lurk for general advice and the sort, I made an introduction back when I joined a couple months back, but that's about it. I own 2 LX-I Accords now, one 1989 and the other '88.
The 1988 is on the right of the group image. Head gasket on that one is blown, the 1989 drives (and is my daily at the moment) but 5th gear has gone out along with a couple other issues. I think the 88 is going to become the parts car for the 89, and maybe I'll do something interesting with the desecrated corpse of the 88 at some point.

The plan right now is to completely rebuild the significantly lower mileage 88 engine with forged rods and high compression pistons and swap it + the working 5 speed transmission into the 89. After that, depending on my trust in 33 year old Japanese engineering, might possibly be to stiffen up the rest of the engine with bigger injectors and other forged parts and get it ready for a turbo, aiming for anywhere from 160-200 horsepower.
My foresight past that is quality of life stuff, reupholstered interior and fixing all the broken circuitry like the clock and the brake light indicator and stuff like that. Guess it remains to be seen.

Dr_Snooz
11-11-2021, 08:33 PM
Sounds exciting. Welcome!