PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust hanger bracket

bscanlan
01-27-2022, 08:42 AM
I think this is going to turn out to be one of the harder parts to find. You’ll see in the picture it is the bracket that attaches to the center exhaust hangers near the catalytic converter. This car was an impound car that I bought off of govdeals and just like any cars on a pull apart lot, the exhaust will have been cut out because of the catalytic converter, and these were probably inadvertently discarded. if anybody has one, or a lead on one, I would appreciate the info. Thanks in advance.

bscanlan
01-30-2022, 05:29 AM
Watch out for scammers! I did not even get a reply on this exhaust hanger bracket I need, rather just a Tapatalk message from Spart2 (never seen the handle before), telling me to contact sonjoe 222 at yahoo dot com (even written that way). Quick search indicates one of many scammers replying to WTB posts; be very wary and vet any replies you don’t already know.

Dr_Snooz
01-31-2022, 07:30 PM
I had to scrounge one of those from the yard many moons ago. It hangs onto my exhaust pipe with a hose clamp for a dryer vent LOL. I don't think it would be very difficult to fabricate your own. Just some sheet metal that you can form on the edge of a table and some pins you can make from regular bolts. If I'm remembering the part correctly...

Cobalt44
02-21-2022, 09:00 AM
Do you still need this part? There are 2 cars at my local salvage yard and both have them. I wish the dismantlers would stop cutting the cats from ouside of the flange instead of inside. They're making it harder for me to find the center pipe that I need. Part #15 in the pic.