PDA

View Full Version : car stutters rpms crazy

jakeh024
03-09-2003, 02:02 PM
My car has a bad problem. When I first got it though the problem wasnt as bad. When I drive my car it stutters pretty bad now. By this I mean I plant my foot and and she hesitates to go then jumps off and stutters real bad and all the while my rpms are going crazy and erratic as hell. My engine light comes on constantly now too. I work almost 50 hours a week and dont have the time to put it in the shop so If any one knows whats goin on it would really help. My guess is its in the fuel system somewhere like the injectors or possibly a combo of that and a bad vaccum leak. Anybody Know whats going on or had the same problem before??????????:

BoredRec
03-09-2003, 02:46 PM
Sounds almost like the EGR is blocked....a possibility, or something wrong with the ignition system (i.e. spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil....)

anchovies
03-09-2003, 11:37 PM
Check the ecu code under the driver's seat to see which sensor is crapping out.

ACCORD EX
03-10-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by jakeh024
BTW My car is a 1988 Accord LX-i (fuel Injected) w/ 225,000 miles

he posted this in another thread ( the post thread mistake )

anyway i would change my fuel filter , plugs , wires , air filter check cap and rotor ! all that first !:D

MIKE

kirobei
04-25-2003, 08:41 AM
Trust me... this is only the beginning... it gets worse... much much worse. Get that POS to a shop on the double or end up like me. Now no one knows what the hell is wrong with my car at this point.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-25-2003, 08:49 AM
Dude I fixed my brothers integra (had the same problems) It was the ignition module and ignition coil.