PDA

View Full Version : 1983 Accord for sale $5500 Kansas City

83accord
05-03-2022, 06:31 AM
1983 Accord sedan in blue, all original with auto and 82k miles. No rust, a few dings but overall excellent condition. Original honda radio, clock in dash works, headliner perfect, seats and doors are very mint, all glass is good, paint is excellent, has a few dings, nothing major. Brand new Kumho tires and steering rack. Might need a muffler down the road.

Runs and drives great, however last summer began to have an issue with stalling, so I undertook the Weber 36 conversion and thats done now, but having a hard time getting it to start consistently. Sometimes will not start, then others it will and fluctuates idle. I would recommend a trailer but if you know how to tune a carb, you might get it running and just drive it home.

Originally a california car, very minty condition. Asking $5500, comes with all original air cleaner and vacuum parts that were eliminated during carb swap. Also have extra oil filters and a few other odds and ends. Factory service manual also comes with. EMail with questions here or at 43jeep at gmail. Couldnt figure out how to upload pics to this thread, so full listing with pics - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/500322594929420/

Dr_Snooz
05-04-2022, 07:27 PM
That body style only lasted 2 years before they face lifted it. If you like it, get the '83 with the 4 speed AT. The '82s only came with 3 speeds and scream at 4k RPMs when going 75 MPH. The 83 is the one to get and this 83 is especially nice.

83accord
05-05-2022, 06:02 AM
Even I didnt know that about the auto trans...thanks Dr Snooz! It is very nice inside and out, it just needs an owner that understands carbs.