PDA

View Full Version : time to start puttin the car back together...

iiviasterp
03-09-2003, 02:37 PM
well it looks like the weather is starting to get nicer here in ohio....and that means that it looks like im gonna start puttin the accord back together real soon:D the new parts that are goin on are......
Autometer 5" silver tach w/ shift light, air/fual, and oil pressure gauge....ported and flowed head w/ port matched intake...colt tri-flow cam..90-93 integra CAI...15" flat black rota slipstreams w/ 205/50 falken azenis tires....dropzone coilovers...kyb gas shocks...new timing belt/waterpump/piston rings/all gaskets,seals...and possibly a carbon fiber hood....

the bad but also good thing is that my boss at work hit my car last week with his motorhome and smashed the right rear quater panel up....hes gonna get that fixed for me and also get the guy doin it to spray my mirrors and all trim body color....

ill have pictures as soon as everything is completed and back together and some of you will get to see my car first hand at the VA meet and possibly if i meet up with anyone around here.......i cant wait!!

dXsquared
03-09-2003, 03:07 PM
some good choices and some bad... the car is goin to bounce everywhere! those are the stiffest coilovers made for our cars... and those are stock struts... they won be able to handle the coilover... after all this time i thot you would know this! any way... nice wheels... nice tach

Travis

iiviasterp
03-09-2003, 03:27 PM
well i dont really care about the bouning around.....my civic bounces around and my accord bounced around on drop springs and stock sturts....so its no thang.....the kyb's arent a permanent thing....i just needed some cheap struts at the moment cause i have spent alot already....and i got all 4 for 100 bucks....when i get alittle more money im gonna get some tokico blues....so its all good

dXsquared
03-09-2003, 03:36 PM
tokico blues will still bounce around! the only way you can handle those coilovers is with a set oif REVALVED BILSTIENS OR KONIS!!!! this bouncing is gonna be like way harsh compared to regular lowering springs or cut ones.... this coilover setup is like 400 percent stiffer than stock... you will see that you have to put 500 bucks of shocks with these at least.... they look nice cuz they are 100 bucks... then you have to get KILLER shocks

Travis

Jims 86LXI HB
03-09-2003, 03:47 PM
If you go to the tokicos you'll still be wasting your money, you'll be going from really, really, really, bad to really, really bad. Not much differance. The tokico's still don't cut it with stiffer lowering springs, besides you choose the stiffest possible suspension setup*, tokico's can't even perform right with the softest 3g lowering spring, how are they gonna work with the stiffest. (*only the skunk2 90-97 coilovers are stiffer than the dropzones) In your case your best bet will be the Koni's. BUT!, even then the koni's won't be stiff enough for the dropzones, but in your case they will still net you a big improvement in ride quality and handling performance. Revalved Koni's or revalved Bilsteins would be what you'd need to have the car ride and drive as if honda lowered it at the factory.

I know you said you don't care about the bounce your gonna have with the KYB's (really can't understand that, but thank you for being honest, I see way to many people try and fool me when I'm know the way things really are). But I'd hate to see you go to the tokico's thinking they make any real differance, when they won't.

iiviasterp
03-10-2003, 02:22 PM
thanks for the heads up jim....im not really gonna be autocrossing my car or anything like that, so i dont need a killer suspension set-up.....maybe ill look into koni's or something like that, but for now i just cant afford anything more then what i got....it should do me good for now......

chronicsinners
03-11-2003, 09:35 AM
if your not gonna be autoxing gimme ure azenis and ill trade you my nit-blo 450's

dXsquared
03-11-2003, 09:52 AM
even if you arent gonna autocross... the ride is going to be horible on the roads... its going to be very unsafe... if it bounces enuff around the corner, and the wheels comes off the ground, that it might cause an accident

Travis

iiviasterp
03-11-2003, 02:35 PM
thats streching it alittle dont you think....like i said......i dont have the money right now to get anything else so it will have to do.....its hard to keep pumpin money in my ride when i have 2 cars and an appartment.....but its all good......the accord will always get the love it deserves :cool:

dXsquared
03-11-2003, 03:12 PM
im really not stretching it.... its very unsafe... it might fell ok at first, but the struts will get worn very fast and stop working

Travis