PDA

View Full Version : '88 Accord: Electrical guru's. I got one for ya!

vetski179
08-21-2022, 06:23 PM
A parasitic electrical drain has developed in my '88 Accord LXi hatchback. Is happening with key OFF. I have isolated the circuit: #4 in the fuse box in the engine compartment. Marked 'Stop, Horn (seat belt retractors). 20 Amp fuse. I thought it was the wiring in the hatch. It wasn't. Looked at all the taillight wiring. Nothing obvious like cut, frayed, or pinched wires. Everything in its factory looms. Suggestions on where to start looking? TIA

Oldblueaccord
08-21-2022, 09:56 PM
A parasitic electrical drain has developed in my '88 Accord LXi hatchback. Is happening with key OFF. I have isolated the circuit: #4 in the fuse box in the engine compartment. Marked 'Stop, Horn (seat belt retractors). 20 Amp fuse. I thought it was the wiring in the hatch. It wasn't. Looked at all the taillight wiring. Nothing obvious like cut, frayed, or pinched wires. Everything in its factory looms. Suggestions on where to start looking? TIA

Seat belt re-tractors...there staying on trying to pull the seat belt back into the door.

vetski179
08-23-2022, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the tip, and I'll try anything. A bit puzzled, as the seat belt light on the dash works as it should (on until I secure belt) and the retractor isn't an electric one that pulls the belt tight.

Oldblueaccord
08-24-2022, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the tip, and I'll try anything. A bit puzzled, as the seat belt light on the dash works as it should (on until I secure belt) and the retractor isn't an electric one that pulls the belt tight.

I have a 1988 3 door.. there are electrical retractors inside the doors. Possible the 4 doors do not. if you want Ill pull some pictures for you I have them in a box someplace.

vetski179
08-24-2022, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the tip on the guts of the doors. I have noticed the 'door open' light on the dash continually goes on, saying the passenger side door is open, which it is not. Maybe this indicates an issue.

Oldblueaccord
08-24-2022, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the tip on the guts of the doors. I have noticed the 'door open' light on the dash continually goes on, saying the passenger side door is open, which it is not. Maybe this indicates an issue.

There is a troubleshooting matrix in the book to go thru. I think its the box under the passenger seat thats the "brains" of the operation. Maybe look to see if it got wet or corrosion.