PDA

View Full Version : Long time no see fellas!

Mike's89AccordLX
08-22-2022, 06:21 PM
It has been a very long time since I've been on here. I was just searching for pictures of my old 89 Accord LX to show my now 13 year old son that likes watching the Intial D show. I was like you shoukd see my 1st car and what I did to her. I shouldn't have sold it and would gladly pay double now to get it back if I could find it. My wife wanted more reliable/safer transportation for our baby at the time. Now I actually have adult stupid money to blow on cool stuff. Anyways how many of the original members are still active on here? A20A1 you still here dude? I remember back in the day driving from MN to Niagara Falls and into Canada for a car meet. Seemed silly at the time but that was a blast and made some great memories with my wife out there. It was either in 2002 or 2003 crap I'm getting old. Also is there anyway to find old pictures that were posted on here to show my two boys? They're almost 12 and 13 years old now. They've occasionally helped me wrench on cars since they were just over a year old. Anyways I'm still in MN working for the City and also a Firefighter. I still have my original 3GEEZ stickers on my tool box at home with my username on them. 😀

-Mike Wetzel

Oldblueaccord
08-22-2022, 10:51 PM
It has been a very long time since I've been on here. I was just searching for pictures of my old 89 Accord LX to show my now 13 year old son that likes watching the Intial D show. I was like you shoukd see my 1st car and what I did to her. I shouldn't have sold it and would gladly pay double now to get it back if I could find it. My wife wanted more reliable/safer transportation for our baby at the time. Now I actually have adult stupid money to blow on cool stuff. Anyways how many of the original members are still active on here? A20A1 you still here dude? I remember back in the day driving from MN to Niagara Falls and into Canada for a car meet. Seemed silly at the time but that was a blast and made some great memories with my wife out there. It was either in 2002 or 2003 crap I'm getting old. Also is there anyway to find old pictures that were posted on here to show my two boys? They're almost 12 and 13 years old now. They've occasionally helped me wrench on cars since they were just over a year old. Anyways I'm still in MN working for the City and also a Firefighter. I still have my original 3GEEZ stickers on my tool box at home with my username on them. 😀

-Mike Wetzel

Hey i sure do remember you. I think you have a website with brochures still up maybe?

Mike's89AccordLX
08-23-2022, 02:23 AM
The only thing I keep finding is links to a cardomain page that no longer exists. I'm not sure if I have any pictures anywhere else since that was before Facebook time and stuff lol. I did email the DMV to look up previously registered vehicles for me to try and locate the old girl. Hopefully it didn't get junked/crushed. However I'm not sure I'm accurate on some of the prices for some of these old 3geez. It may appear that they went way up in value even more than what I originally bought it for.

Oldblueaccord
08-23-2022, 10:40 AM
The only thing I keep finding is links to a cardomain page that no longer exists. I'm not sure if I have any pictures anywhere else since that was before Facebook time and stuff lol. I did email the DMV to look up previously registered vehicles for me to try and locate the old girl. Hopefully it didn't get junked/crushed. However I'm not sure I'm accurate on some of the prices for some of these old 3geez. It may appear that they went way up in value even more than what I originally bought it for.

I got links to cars sold in the for sale page parts below.

Ole Japanese cars are pretty big demand now and the prices reflect it.

Neuspeed87lx
08-24-2022, 12:08 PM
I just randomly signed on for the first time in years. Fond memories of this message board !

Hard to believe it was over 20 years ago that I signed up. I remember you !

conozo
08-28-2022, 07:23 AM
Thanks for stopping by.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-02-2022, 04:39 PM
Neuspeed87lx I remember you too! Lol

So, an update I was able to find the VIN # for my old 89 Accord. It doesn't appear to be junked and the latest title history is from when I sold it back in 2005. Does anyone know how you can find the current owners information so I can contact them? I'll did through any records I may have but some may have gotten lost or tossed when we moved into our new home. I'd prefer to get my old car back. But I'm not opposed to buying a hatchback. I just figure that all my old mods are probably still there vs starting completely over... Any advice or am I dreaming on being able to locate it?

conozo
09-02-2022, 07:39 PM
That would be hard to find your old car again. The BMV would have this information but i can't see them giving it out. This website claims to do it for $16 https://www.beenverified.com (https://www.beenverified.com/?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=BV_VIN_SEA_PRP_BDT_Car&utm_term=&utm_content=440632205220&matchtype=e&adgroup=VIN_CAR_Exact&device=c&g_network=g&g_adid=440632205220&g_keyword=beenverified%20vin&g_adtype=search&g_adgroupid=102661963139&g_keywordid=aud-388248677729:kwd-913746455187&g_acctid=586-017-7533&g_campaignid=10254873821&g_campaign=BV_VIN_SEA_BRD_BDT_Car&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI05bTutn3-QIVTtSzCh0f1gO5EAAYASAAEgJeZvD_BwE)

You can try any website you type in your vin for info to figure out where it is in general and maybe drive around. https://www.nicb.org/vincheck www.carfax.com

If you do find it like at an apartment complex or someplace the owner is not obvious, there are website to pay a small fee to lookup the license plate number and you get the owners info and all, i know this is a legitimate thing.

festezos
10-30-2022, 07:30 PM
Thanks for sharing

Mike's89AccordLX
10-31-2022, 10:25 PM
I did just buy a 1987 Accord LX-i Hatchback in September. So, I'll be sticking around for a long time. If my wife doesn't kill me I might even buy another if I find a decent deal on one. It helps that my kid's like the car and we'll have fun turning it into the Panda car :).

Oldblueaccord
11-01-2022, 10:55 AM
Looks like a good one!

HondaSi88
11-23-2022, 03:18 PM
I remember y'all's names......wow