PDA

View Full Version : Correct OEM dash lights

Nate Bannon
08-25-2022, 04:05 AM
I had a shop replace my dash lights and now the colors are off. Went from a darker teal like color I'm used to to an almost seafoam type turquoise. The brightness also seems off. I asked them to not use LEDs assuming the car didn't have them because of the age but now I'm not sure because I remember the odometer had more of a white tint to it and now it blatantly has a amber tint of a incandescent bulb. The whole reason I had em replaced is because 2 or 3 went out within about a year of each other and made it tough to to use at night. I also think the wattage of the bulbs is off now because the dash lights are way brighter than I remember, that would be good to know as well. Would the owners manual have this info? I don't have my car rn so I can't go check

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

ShiRen
08-25-2022, 07:33 PM
They probably didnt replace the blue film that was over the bulbs... Idk what to tell you there, probably pretty hard to find them unless you take bulbs out of another Honda of a similar vintage. Colored leds are also an option, but it won't be the same. Taking the cluster out isn't all that difficult, I would suggest not wasting your time with a shop

Nate Bannon
08-26-2022, 03:55 AM
They probably didnt replace the blue film that was over the bulbs... Idk what to tell you there, probably pretty hard to find them unless you take bulbs out of another Honda of a similar vintage. Colored leds are also an option, but it won't be the same. Taking the cluster out isn't all that difficult, I would suggest not wasting your time with a shopI'll have to snag some out of a scrap car next time I go to the yard. I bet your right I didn't even think about that. I just had em do the lights when they pulled and replaced the dash. I hope it's something that simple.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk