PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control Kill Switch

ThatGuyPeary
09-26-2022, 04:28 PM
Recently got myself a fairly mint 87 accord DX, on my way home i tried the cruise control and realized it didn't work, after a few days i had seen a post about how Weber carbs don't have cruise control and i realized that the carb had been swapped at some point. As a result i have a cruise control button that does nothing, and was wondering how easy it would be to set up as a kill switch where the car only starts when the button is pushed but key still works. Looking forward to owning this car but cant stand the thought of getting it stolen lmao

conozo
09-27-2022, 05:39 AM
I would think it wouldn't be too hard to wire it into the fuel pump relay as a kill switch.

But you can run cruise and the weber, i had it on mine. Since ours is a throttle cable based cruise you just connect the cruise cable to the throttle. I forget exactly how it went but I know it worked.

ThatGuyPeary
09-27-2022, 03:02 PM
I would think it wouldn't be too hard to wire it into the fuel pump relay as a kill switch.

But you can run cruise and the weber, i had it on mine. Since ours is a throttle cable based cruise you just connect the cruise cable to the throttle. I forget exactly how it went but I know it worked.

the reason i had thought about doing ignition is because it already has a fuel cutoff but its in an obvious spot and anyone who would be looking for a fuel cutoff would see it and realize what it is. Even then cant carb'd cars run for a few min without the fuel cutoff turned on?

ThatGuyPeary
09-27-2022, 03:05 PM

also relating to the cruise control maybe, i found a couple cables that are just not connected coming out of the drivers side near the strut tower, a few cut vacuum lines too, i figure it all has to do with that because the car still runs lmao