PDA

View Full Version : Difference between 1HG and JHM cars?

Nate Bannon
10-06-2022, 11:57 AM
I'm wondering if I can use a dash harness from an identical trim car, same transmission, number of doors ext. But it has a JHM vin and not an 1HG.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

ShiRen
10-13-2022, 08:24 AM
Probably if it's the same year/trim. Only difference I've seen is my J code car came with a Hitachi dizzy

RI86DX
10-13-2022, 09:30 AM
Probably if it's the same year/trim. Only difference I've seen is my J code car came with a Hitachi dizzy
Yup, and my Marysville car has a TEC.

Nate Bannon
10-17-2022, 07:58 AM

And so the car has a different part number and it is not interchangeable? If that's the case good to know if I'm ever getting one replaced.

Nate Bannon
10-17-2022, 08:00 AM
I'm hoping they used all the same boards. I was worried maybe in japan they had different pinouts since they might have had some domestic devices that they were modifying to USDM standards. whereas in America they might have started from the ground up on the circuit boards.

ShiRen
10-20-2022, 07:22 AM
I don't think you read what I just said... They are identical aside from a few interchangeable parts... However, trim levels and model years add options that can't be interchanged, so I would be more worried about that

Nate Bannon
10-22-2022, 07:51 AM
I don't think you read what I just said... They are identical aside from a few interchangeable parts... However, trim levels and model years add options that can't be interchanged, so I would be more worried about that

Thank you for clarifying man. This is the I answer I was hoping for.

RI86DX
04-06-2023, 10:37 AM
Don't J Vin cars have a different gauge cluster? As in, different manufacturer? Ohio ones have Nippon Seiki clusters.

ShiRen
04-06-2023, 05:41 PM
Nope, I've got a J vin cluster right here and there is an NS on the flex pcb (I don't have the og speedo though)

RI86DX
04-06-2023, 07:28 PM
Cool, reason I bumped the thread & asked is my entire speedo (speedo, trip & odo) died recently, Right before it failed I heard a pretty bad plastic clattering sound the last 2-3 drives I went out on prior to it dying...the needle would flip out near the number 20 and the faster I went the quieter it'd get & the more the needle would stabilize/act normal - starting to think it's a gear inside the cluster that conked out, not the cable itself. Still ordered a Pioneer CA3070 just in case though.

ShiRen
04-07-2023, 09:25 AM
Yeah, the reason I've got this cluster pulled apart is I'm putting eg gauges in it