PDA

View Full Version : Brake light on dash after replacing bulbs with LEDS.

Gabezermeno
12-22-2022, 04:59 AM
Hello everyone. I replaced all of my taillight bulbs with LEDS and obviously my car thinks the bulbs are burnt out and the light is on on the dash. Is there any way to get rid of this? I've taken the cluster out a few times and would just remove the bulb but it's part of something more complicated. I'm not switching back to dim regular bulbs so don't suggest that please.

Oldblueaccord
12-22-2022, 11:30 AM
Hello everyone. I replaced all of my taillight bulbs with LEDS and obviously my car thinks the bulbs are burnt out and the light is on on the dash. Is there any way to get rid of this? I've taken the cluster out a few times and would just remove the bulb but it's part of something more complicated. I'm not switching back to dim regular bulbs so don't suggest that please.

Its looking for resistance and LEDS are too low in resistance.

I had to use solid state relays as well to make my blinkers work on another vehicle just to note.

conozo
12-23-2022, 11:45 AM
There is a Bulb Check Circuit that is located on the dash instrument panel. I would get the shop manual and take a look at the instrument panel to see where this bulb check circuit is. I'd look at the circuit to see how it works. Maybe its changing out a resister, maybe its disabling the circuit all together by disconnecting a component. I'd have to see it to give you a real answer.

The only other solution i have heard but dont know much about is adding resisters to the led bulbs, i assume thats in parallel so that the bulb and resister both use enough power for it to think the bulbs are working. This solution is something i have heard about people doing for all cars when upgrading to LEDs, not just for these hondas, it was mainly to get the turn signal to blink normally and not super fast but it might fix this issue also.