PDA

View Full Version : OBD1 LXI help

jayyxi
03-29-2023, 06:41 PM
Hey guys. Ive got a 1986 LXi and recently installed a b18 nonvtec ecu with a chip slot. I got it chipped with an HA motorsports chip, have a obd1 dizzy which points towards plug 1 when motor is TDC. Got my obd1 ecu jumper and dizzy wiring too and Im running a 1990 accord obd1 map sensor with the vacuum line, and did a vacuum delete along with the charcoal canister. Stock intake manifold all vacuum lines besides map sensor and dash pot.

IMPORTANT I had it idling before the vacuum delete, then did the delete and got the metal spaghetti out of there, now it will not run even though i plugged everything needed. Timing is correct, it cranks and backfires but wont start now. Anybody been here?

jayyxi
03-29-2023, 06:42 PM
Also plugged off egr pipe.

Oldblueaccord
03-29-2023, 07:03 PM
make sure you didnt knock a wire loose or forget a ground wire in your vacuum line ripping session.

ShiRen
03-29-2023, 08:45 PM
If it's actually backfiring while cranking, make double sure the distributor isn't 180 out or the plug wires in the wrong order. Ik you said timing is correct, but it can be harder to notice if it's just flipped. Usually a vacuum leak wouldn't even cause it to do that, at least mine wouldn't, but it's carved.

jayyxi
03-29-2023, 10:54 PM
If it's actually backfiring while cranking, make double sure the distributor isn't 180 out or the plug wires in the wrong order. Ik you said timing is correct, but it can be harder to notice if it's just flipped. Usually a vacuum leak wouldn't even cause it to do that, at least mine wouldn't, but it's carved.

Good deal, definitely will keep testing and checking. Thanks for the input

jayyxi
03-29-2023, 10:57 PM
make sure you didnt knock a wire loose or forget a ground wire in your vacuum line ripping session.

Hahaha it was stressful I definitely broke my coolant temp sensor ill have to double check everything in there. Thanks

ShiRen
03-30-2023, 05:16 AM
Could that coolant temp sensor actually be the tw sensor (idk if your ecu even needs that input though)

jayyxi
03-31-2023, 09:30 PM
Could that coolant temp sensor actually be the tw sensor (idk if your ecu even needs that input though)

Okay. Turns out, I tried starting the motor with a ratchet in the crank pulley. It threw of timing by a couple teeth. I believe it also broke my starter somehow… now it will not engage it only spins. I put a new coolant sensor (which was a TW) And set timing on the cam, and the flywheel to tdc while cylinder 1 is fully compressed to the top. I no longer have any ecu codes, now chasing a starter issue (couple month old starter full warranty so ill get a new one within a couple days and update the thread. I believe when the starter was engaged even barely, when the ratchet hit and snapped my extension i think it may have damaged the starter.

jayyxi
04-03-2023, 04:18 PM
Alrighty new starter is in, got her to start for acouple seconds yesterday but died off. Checked for solid spark and fuel, kept messing with the dizzy, then battery died on me. Gunna figure this out!