PDA

View Full Version : Open recall on newly purchased 1986 honda accord DX

samspiderman3125
04-24-2023, 11:37 AM
Open recall on my 1986 Honda accord

First post here so sorry if i mess up any rules, but i need some advice. I recently purchased a 1986 honda accord DX, and learned that it has an open recall for the fuel filler neck, as it may rust out, and due to the nature of it, it never expires since it’s a safety recall. I contacted my local honda dealer and they declined to do the recall, as “parts are no longer available”. What action can i take to remedy this?

Oldblueaccord
04-24-2023, 12:35 PM
Open recall on my 1986 Honda accord

First post here so sorry if i mess up any rules, but i need some advice. I recently purchased a 1986 honda accord DX, and learned that it has an open recall for the fuel filler neck, as it may rust out, and due to the nature of it, it never expires since it’s a safety recall. I contacted my local honda dealer and they declined to do the recall, as “parts are no longer available”. What action can i take to remedy this?

There is one for the seat belt buckle as well. I have an "open ticket" on mine from late 90's and a complaint filed with NATSHA and Honda. Ill just never buy a new Honda from any American dealership ever. Oh well.

Nothing can be done you will just have to source a filler neck if yours even is bad. Most were not.

...and welcome to the forums.

ShiRen
04-25-2023, 10:46 PM
I'm trying to get my seat belt buckles replaced. They're doing it, but the first pair that came in were already broke lol. Going back Thursday, I think the new ones are good.

samspiderman3125
05-01-2023, 06:43 PM
Thanks man, ive got big plans for this accord, and yeah i figured i woundnt be able to get a free fill neck, mine is rusty as a mofo too. i’m going to attempt to k swap this little guy lol

Oldblueaccord
05-01-2023, 08:04 PM
I think there is aftermarket Spectra brand. But I havent looked in a while.

I took mine all off a few years ago inspected it and gave it a good clean up, rust converter, and paint job.