PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have their door trims for sale?

86accord4dr
03-09-2003, 07:50 PM
Hey guys. I'm thinking of getting rid of the chrome door trims i have and going back to stock. Originally there was only the passenger side ones on it so i ripped them off and got the chrome stick on's all around.... i'm wanting to go for a more clean all black look and I'd like to get the stock ones back. Has anyone shaved theirs and still have them for me to buy?

Or if you don't have them will any 3G or 4G fit? I have a canadian LX (US DX i think). So when i go to the j/y I'll know which ones to salvage.

Thanks.

slammedLXI
03-10-2003, 01:38 PM
yah i can get them for you... all 4 of them... PM me if your intrested

i think that the door trims are the same on all the models...

buzzbomber88lx
03-10-2003, 03:14 PM
I have the door too. In great shape. Make an offer!
-Ryan

86accord4dr
03-10-2003, 04:23 PM
cool.. lets start the bidding... i'm not even sure what they'd be worth. i know the chrome trim i got was $25 (canadian) so i'd pay about that in US. i'm sure the shipping on that wouldn't be too bad i'm located in saskatchewan which is above MT and ND.

slammed i've pm'd you this same offer. tell me what you think.

thanks guys!

buzzbomber88lx
03-10-2003, 05:05 PM
I'll take them off tom. and weight them and everything

86accord4dr
03-11-2003, 03:44 PM
sounds good buddy... lemme know.

no rush by the way cuz i'm not putting them on for at least a month or so

MrBen
03-11-2003, 03:49 PM
Not to be a poop, but shouldn't this be in the Market Place? Maybe somone should move it :D

buzzbomber88lx
03-11-2003, 05:26 PM
how the hell do you take those off? I tried to figure out but I cant figure it out

86accord4dr
03-11-2003, 07:50 PM
yeah market place indeed. i don't know what i was thinking... yeah it should be moved i guess...

um when i pulled mine off i just pryed one end with a screwdriver and the rest came fairly easily. there's about 4 clips per door that hold it on... i'm not too sure how to remove it without breaking it... i wonder if anyone knows??

but then again i'm probably gonna just industrial glue it back on so if you ABSOLUTELY can't take it off without wrecking the tabs...

you might have to take off the interior door panels tho and get to the tabs from the back... that's the most likely... hope that helps ya buzz

offthahook
03-13-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by 86accord4dr
yeah market place indeed. i don't know what i was thinking... yeah it should be moved i guess...

um when i pulled mine off i just pryed one end with a screwdriver and the rest came fairly easily. there's about 4 clips per door that hold it on... i'm not too sure how to remove it without breaking it... i wonder if anyone knows??

but then again i'm probably gonna just industrial glue it back on so if you ABSOLUTELY can't take it off without wrecking the tabs...

you might have to take off the interior door panels tho and get to the tabs from the back... that's the most likely... hope that helps ya buzz
Don't use glue, buy new tabs from Honda. It is Well worth it, kid. About $2 a pop though.

buzzbomber88lx
03-13-2003, 09:19 AM
Alright. I have the door panels off already so I will pull them off this afternoon.

86accord4dr
03-13-2003, 03:59 PM
cool so the door panel idea worked i take it?

yeah it finally warmed up above 32 today! now the streets are slushy as hell but i'll take that to 30 below anyday

buzzbomber88lx
03-13-2003, 04:53 PM
I had no time to take them off today until now but it is dark outside. I will take them off tomorrow. shouldnt take me very long to take them off.
-Ryan

86accord4dr
03-14-2003, 11:16 AM
i'm excited! don't forget the little ones on the front fenders

slammedLXI
03-14-2003, 12:24 PM
theres little ones on the rear quater panels too...

to take them off there is a little nut (8 or 10mm) on the inside of the door that needs to come off then it ust pops off, be careful though bc they can break, i was able to do mine only loosing one of the clips...

86accord4dr
03-14-2003, 02:59 PM
sweet! i'm so proud of ya man! i'm getting excited as i found my LX badge. i had to cut it down flat tho cuz it was the angled one of a 2G i think.

buzzbomber88lx
03-14-2003, 03:37 PM
I got them off but with the rear door trim I couldnt get the nuts off and it broke the studs. If you were using glue they will glue on and I slavaged most of the clips(some fell into the door) but I got it all off and other than those two studs they are in good shape. I also got the fender ones and quarter panel ones off.
-Ryan

86accord4dr
03-15-2003, 07:58 AM
good job!

buzzbomber88lx
03-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Do you not want the trim now? it's ok if you don't

86accord4dr
03-15-2003, 02:57 PM
the trim isn't broken is it? just the studs? i still want em man... im' gettin' stoked. i made up a little "to do" list on my car and the trim comes right after a new paintjob. i'm going ghetto stealth with black steelies, beauty rings, chrome lugs (or anodized blue can't decide) i'm not sure if i wanna black out the tails or just do the amber to red to match the rest... probably go with the red... then get a new grille throw some mesh in there and roll in cheap-ass style

buzzbomber88lx
03-15-2003, 05:07 PM
It's just the studs. And only the rear ones are broken(studs I mean) not the trim itself. black should be pretty badass!
-Ryan

86accord4dr
03-15-2003, 07:32 PM
yeah i think so. i'll for sure post pics when i'm all done. i should get some reference pics on monday. I'll get her washed and see what the winter did to what's left of the paint :(

i'm gonna try to do most of the body work myself. i'm not ever gonna make this car a "show car" and have it flawless... more of a training car than anything. so i hope ppl will be kind with their comments. my fragile candian-male ego couldn't take too much dissing.

i've pm'ed you buzz so we can work out a payment deal. thanks for your help man

buzzbomber88lx
03-17-2003, 06:57 AM
Anytime man!