PDA

View Full Version : New gauge faces.

Gabezermeno
09-18-2023, 04:32 AM
I replaced my gauge cluster bulbs with leds. Now it's very bright and nice but I guess due to age there are speckles on my gauge faces. Has anyone replaced theirs with stock looking faces? I saw that Whitegauges.net has them but white looks tacky and i'm not sure about any of their other colors. Anywhere else to look? And pictures of your gauges if they aren't stock would be cool.

ShiRen
09-18-2023, 12:55 PM
I suggest putting the incandescents back in. They're coated to give it the nice green color and the correct brightness so they don't really show imperfections and also cause bright spots. They also don't blind you can work perfectly with the dimmer.
I have EG Civic gauges, but that's far out scope. You can see it in my thread on this section of the forum. Still running incandescents btw, almost the only stock bulbs in the entire car.

Gabezermeno
09-19-2023, 04:24 AM
I appreciate the reply but it wasn't helpful or what I was asking for. The leds are not too bright and work perfectly with the dimmer. The spots showed up with the old bulbs as well. Only a few of the bulbs have a film over them. Most of the color comes from the faces themselves.

ShiRen
09-19-2023, 10:02 PM
You know, I think I have a spare set of gauge faces that are in pretty good shape. I could part with them if you want, or really whatever cluster parts you need, I have auto and manual parts too.