PDA

View Full Version : I'm so confused when it comes to Forums...Weber swap and Vacuum Delete

DEZn00ts
10-12-2023, 01:52 AM
I can't find my way around at all... Oh and hello! I was hoping someone could give me a link to a Weber Swap tutorial WITH WORKING PICTURES and vacuum delete? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I'm lost as hell lol.

ShiRen
10-12-2023, 07:15 AM
Better place would have been the carb section, but it's fine.
Since you're doing the Weber you will pretty much just remove all vacuum equipment except the line going to the distributor. Pretty simple. No other modifications because you don't have to modify the original feedback carb.
If you have questions after you get started feel free to ask

DEZn00ts
10-12-2023, 01:55 PM
So there is nothing to block? What about brake booster like I've seen mentioned? Oh and thanks for responding. I'll make sure to post in the carb section next time.

ShiRen
10-12-2023, 03:48 PM
The brake booster plugs into the manifold, so you can leave it if you want. Just plug the rest of the vacuum ports back there. Only thing you'd have to block is EGR if you remove it.

DEZn00ts
10-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Ok so everything connected to the carb can disappear, plug the open vacuum ports on the manifold, hook up vac line from distributor to new carb and (I haven't looked and am not a total moron when it comes to mechanics but...) does the EGR have any vacuum or anything? What would it be involved with in this process besides blocking it IF I don't take it off? Funny you make this sound so easy and I can visualize it now. Any time I start any job either it be carpentry, plumping, electrical etc I always get so nervous that it makes me procrastinate. You're much appreciated.

ShiRen
10-13-2023, 01:51 PM
Uh idk if there's any vacuum lines on the EGR, if there are they might not even need plugged because it's just to open the diaphragm, which doesn't if it's unplugged the EGR is effectively disabled, just ugly
I make it sound easy because I'm like the only active member fooling with the shit-ass stock carb and I know it like the back of my hand. However, anything I deleted off of it I know nothing about because it's long gone, so I just tell people it works great without it. Also I tend to just hold a haphazard and get-it-done demeanor.

Oldblueaccord
10-14-2023, 09:25 AM
I can't find my way around at all... Oh and hello! I was hoping someone could give me a link to a Weber Swap tutorial WITH WORKING PICTURES and vacuum delete? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I'm lost as hell lol.

I would totally go thru the Carb section and read ALL the Weber threads.

DEZn00ts
10-16-2023, 09:25 AM
I would but it's so wonky and people not updating it or pictures missing etc. I know ENOUGH on carbs, just need a few questions answered on what needs to get taken off, plugged etc. I'm not trying to go through a shit ton of half assed info lol. I think I could get it done from what I know and what was answered here. Thanks though I do appreciate the response!

ShiRen
10-16-2023, 10:07 AM
There isn't a lot to the Weber installation. Take everything off, put Weber on. The few remaining vacuum stuff will be attached to the port on the back of the intake manifold. The problems people usually have with webers is usually with the tuning, which there are many posts about

DEZn00ts
10-16-2023, 10:51 AM
Of course I figured as much, whenever I've seen a post on the Weber it's always about "what should I do with this hole" or "Car dies after I start it" or "Car has a high idle" ect. I'll most likely be looking through the carb threads just to get an idea of what problems people always run into. Thanks for the confidence.