PDA

View Full Version : Front seats and seatbelts

Microstreak
03-09-2003, 09:46 PM
My drivers side seatbelt wont' work, i think teh spring inside just snapped or is permanently broken. anyway i heard that honda has a lifetime warranty on the seatbelts, is this true? im going to be calling up the dealer tomorow.

A friend of mine told me that i can buy some old integra seats and they would fit in my car. Has anyone tried this? im thinking about it but im not sure if i want to, only because the rear seat will still be stock compared to the front two and it'll look a little awkward.

any input, suggestions?

AZmike
03-09-2003, 11:34 PM
I've heard the same thing about the seat belts, but I've never had to try to get the dealer to fix them other than recall work. If your car was made in Japan there is a recall on your seatbelts anyway (there would be a plastic sleave around the latch if the fix was already done).

Haolerot
03-10-2003, 12:24 PM
ya my drivers side seatbelt on my coupe doesnt seem to lock....i should take um to the dealer..well if its for free

dews89blkaccord
03-10-2003, 12:34 PM
I had a 88 3g and the passenger seat belt didn't work. There was a recall and the dealerships still have to fix them

Microstreak
03-10-2003, 01:03 PM
well my 3g is from japan, im going to check if the sleeve is ther or not, wht is it supposed to look like? hmm, i have to pick up my oddessey from service today too, shit this really works out :)

Coitis1
03-10-2003, 01:17 PM
are u sure there's something wrong w/ them? honda seatbelts are designed so that u can still pull out the belt after you put it on, but when it is tugged quickly (like in an accident) it will lock. that is probably ur problem. if not, just disregard this post.

Microstreak
03-10-2003, 02:49 PM
GUESS WHAT! i went to the honda dealer right now to pick up my odd. and i asked the guy and he said that the seatbelts are under warranty so he'll replace it for free, i just got a wait a week or so for the part to come in. its the buckle coitis1 sorry for not being more clear before. and i asked about the recall notice, he said ther was none, but since its under warranty he'll still fix it for free :) todays such a great day, i get my 3g back, get her washed, and ill get the seatbelt fixed next week!!!

slammedLXI
03-11-2003, 05:22 AM
or u could avoid the hassle of dropping your car off and just head over to the junkyard and get a new one, its one bolt and no more than 5$ id imagine....

Microstreak
03-11-2003, 07:16 PM
i don't have to drop the car off, and its going to be free. plus itd save me a trip to go "shopping" around in the junkyards for the seatbelt. that takes a while unless u get lucky and find the car in the first lot. if you think about it, the amount of time they're gonna take is probably gonna be less than if i goto queens spend a few hours searching and hagglin the bastard at the yard for the seatbelt buckle then install it. less work and less time. but thanks for the suggestion.