PDA

View Full Version : swapping carb to efi

wildcard
03-10-2003, 08:58 AM
How hard is it to change a carburated car to efi, because I want to run a b18 or b20 but I want the efi because you can tune a car for more hp with efi than carb

88 Accord DX
03-10-2003, 09:08 AM
damn hard.

RCracer
03-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Why convert to EFI to run a B20a ?????
You dont need to.

carotman
03-10-2003, 05:46 PM
It's not hard to convert to efi... oh no it's not hard.... it's just damn long :)

AERODECKUK, I think he wants to run a B18A/B or a B20B/Z... a EFI conversion isn't required but would sure help for those engines...

You're right about the B20A tough. you don't need to convert to EFI to make it run well.

smufguy
03-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Its funny how people who never done the conversion always say its hard. I think whenever someone asks a question it has to be like "people who have done efi conversion alone anser this and say if its gonna be hard or not".

Anyway, like carotman said, its not a hard conversion at all. I have done it and it all comes down to how much u know about what ur doing and what kinda parts u have at hand. Know that and ur set.

GreenMachine
03-12-2003, 01:29 AM
And be prepared to have it off the road for awhile, cause things will come up. - such as replacing this cuase thats apart, and so on ..lol

Scorpion88LX
03-12-2003, 06:51 AM
what is the differance in cabin wirring harnnes in the coupe and the sedan.Will i have to buy a new harness? I am currently doing the conversion however i am only on the tearing down of the parts car. Also are the fuel lines that are needed on the drivers side in the passenger compartment right. (parts car is coupe my car is a sedan).

smufguy
03-12-2003, 07:51 AM
Since u have a LX ur set on ur dash wiring harness, u dont have to change the dash wiring like carotman did cause his was a dx. The lx comes dash wiring is exactly same as the lx-i. Also, when u get a cabin wiring harness, get a sedan one cause urs is a sedan, this is because of the pwr window relay wires that lead to the rear of the car. The coupe and the hatch have a totally different wiring. The hatchie has three clip connectors in the rear half if i am not mistaken and the sedan has just one big connector. Also the fuel line can be taken from a coupe, sedan or even a hatchie and they all fit exactly right. When u take it out, dont forgoet the white plastic holders and the place holders below the dash too. U need it to keep the fuel feed line steady. also, U need to have the cabin wiring harness that would match ur tranny as in auto or manual. Since u have a 5spd, u cant pull out the cabin harness from a auto, if u did, have fun.

FOr further informantion go to carotman's website or go to mine. U can click on the www link below our posts as u know :D.

sidenote: I will be in NC on the weekend of 4-5th of next month. I will be in stanfield though.

wannaswapab20
07-21-2003, 05:46 PM
whats the differce in the autop or manula the auto matic just has more wire and the ecu is differt just geta ecu forma manual and it wont evn acknoledge that the auto wires are there
i thinklol

MattsAccord
07-21-2003, 06:41 PM
You might want to ask Justin86 he finished his up about a month ago. He might help you with your questions.

Justin86
07-21-2003, 08:27 PM
Yea and I did the auto to manual swap electronicaly. You can swap the ECU, but it is a waste of money. You need to wire up a reverse light, and cross the park and neutral wires so the car will start. Other wise everything is the same. When you cross the wires hot to hot and ground to ground.

Justin86
07-21-2003, 08:31 PM
Also if you really want to do this, add a new thread about it in the tech section.

pimp86LX
07-21-2003, 08:33 PM
easier to tune with EFI? piffft all you need for a carb is a screwdriver :P

Carbs can be just as good as EFI in terms of performance. :D