PDA

View Full Version : Sensor!

2Fast_Fiero
03-10-2003, 02:13 PM
What is the sensor that goes into the Unit that the Oil Filter bolts onto? And is this important in running or starting the car? When pulling it off, my brother didn't know how and he twisted it off of the wire, so its just pluging up the hole it came from so no dirt or water gets in.

AZmike
03-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Oil pressure sensor. The oil pressure light will act up, but you should still be able to start the engine.

2Fast_Fiero
03-10-2003, 02:46 PM
Thanks.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-13-2003, 08:39 AM
My oil light has been acting up for the past 2 weeks, I checked the oil and it's fine. So I know it's something with the oil pressure. The car seems to run fine with the light flashing occasionally. My dad thought it could be the "sending unit" I check the haynes and couldn't find it in there.

The light comes on when I go slow around corners and when I really lay on the gas. I don't want anything to go wrong with the car b/c I ignored it so what do you guys think could be wrong?

ACCORD EX
03-13-2003, 12:22 PM
so the oil level is good and no overheating ! i wouldn't worry !

BTW sometime when you take hard corners the light could come on !

MIKE

Mike's89AccordLX
03-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Well it just came on again so I'll check the oil again. And the engine temp is just fine too. It never used to do this before that's why I'm concerned.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-13-2003, 12:32 PM
Ok I just checked it again and now it's showing that it's right at that bottom dot so it is a little low. It also had a little oil higher up on the stick. I'm going to order some more oil today. I use that AMS Fully Synthetic oil.