PDA

View Full Version : dynamat

ShawnS
03-10-2003, 07:33 PM
hi 3geez crew

i am planning to put some dynamat in my doors, & i was wondering if anyone had good/bad experiences with the stuff. also if anyone found a cheap substitute, i would do a happy dance.

thanks

danronian
03-10-2003, 08:59 PM
I am helping my friend install that stuff on his 99' Passat very soon so I'll be sure to let you know about that experience, but other than that if your looking for a real cheap way to sound dampen your floor, a big bucket of tar works really well. I did it on my chevelle a few years ago and even with a V8 with headers and dual exhaust its alot quieter than the road noise in my 89' accord, and now since its dry it looks just like the undercoating that can be bought in a spray can.

dXsquared
03-10-2003, 09:09 PM
umm... use BROWN BREAD.. or somthin else.. go to caraudioforum.com to find a bunch of alternatives

Travis

ShawnS
03-10-2003, 10:40 PM
caraudioforum.com was a huge help thanks
i think i'm gonna try the ghetto home depot weather sealer

do you guys think truck bed liner would work?

danronian
03-11-2003, 01:34 PM
I am pretty sure its the same type of thing as undercoating so as long as its on thick it would work, I actually saw someone on a website who did that (www.87accod.com) later in that site they say it made a big difference but they also used two layers more of fabric type insulation.

dXsquared
03-11-2003, 01:48 PM
use the home depot stuff... its cheap and it works good

Travis

catalin
03-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by ShawnS
hi 3geez crew

i am planning to put some dynamat in my doors, & i was wondering if anyone had good/bad experiences with the stuff. also if anyone found a cheap substitute, i would do a happy dance.

thanks

Dynamat works really well, excellent experiences every time I use it. It's a little pricy but since you're in Vancouver I'll help you out with a deal on it. Come by and see me at either store Richmond Future Shops (members.shaw.ca/fsinstalls) or you can reach me at (604) 813-5167.

ShawnS
03-13-2003, 09:36 PM
thanks!
i'll get in touch with you as soon as i can.

Strahan
03-19-2003, 10:16 PM
A buddy on another forum just did his truck with McMaster Polymeric Mastic. It's basically off-brand Dynamat Original. Works as well (0.07") but only costs $15 per 11.7ft2 sheet.

McMaster-Carr Website (http://www.mcmaster.com/)
Part number is 9709T19.

PS.. nice avatar :D