PDA

View Full Version : 93 accord transmission

chunkee
03-10-2003, 08:08 PM
hi there,

bought a 93 honda accord ex wagon a couple of months ago and the 3rd to 4th shift of the AT is slipping. I had it inspected, and the torque mount was busted, that was fixed and I had the fluid changed. It is still slipping. Any suggestions on this one.

The car has 153xxx miles. It had a used AT put in at 114xxx..but I do no know what the mileage was on it.

Also, where is a good place to buy a reconditioned AT? It is hard to change out. I just bought a Helms manual.

Also, when the service center did a check... there is oil in the spark plug bins (where the rubber boot is) I have know idea how the oil is getting there? They were going to charge me serious money to fix it. Any ideas?

Also, how difficult is it to adjust the valves and clean the "carbon" out of the throttle body? They recommended that service as well.

Also, the lower front ball joints need to be replaced. Is this a real pain in the arse?

Also, the CV boots need to be replaced? How difficult is that?

And one last item? After I do some maintenance on it, I would like to get a little more horsepower out of it? What is the safest and cost effective way to do so?

It has been some time since I worked on cars...I used to do it all the time on my datsuns and my GTO...I am 35 now and need to save money in doing it myself.

I am sorry for all the questions. I live in East Tenn near Knoxville.

Thank you for the assistance in advance. Oh, where can you get replacement keys for the weird keyless entry system ( the ones with the battery in the key )

thanks again

JC

[email protected]