PDA

View Full Version : Just replaced my brake pads :)

TJ89Accord
03-10-2003, 09:38 PM
I just got finished replacing my brake pads. And if Autozone didn't give me the wrong ones to begin with, and it was freezing cold, I woulda been done really quick. I love how they are so easy to replace lol. I think that I need a new caliper in the front left though. The inside pad was worn REALLY bad, and the outside had about three times the thickness. And that side it was a lot harder to slide the caliper around. I have a lifetime waranty on the pads so I don't really care about them wearing down fast. But I wanna replace both front calipers and rotors, and when I do that I will get some new free brake pads.

There is such a difference in the brake pedal now. I love it. Maybe that sticky caliper is the cause of my crappy gas mileage?!?! How much would something like that affect the gas mileage? OK, I'm all done ranting now. :stick:

tim

Grant2k
03-10-2003, 10:20 PM
i changed mine and both my calipers this summer and i was really surprised at how easy it all was. the calipers weren't hard at all. i did it when i lowered my car. it feels nice when you're done. keep it up.

TJ89Accord
03-11-2003, 06:20 PM
I had the oil changed today, and the transmission fluid changed today too. It feels like it drives MUCH smoother. I dunno if it's just in my head or not, but it feels so much better. How often are you supposed to change the tranny fluid?

tim

Grant2k
03-11-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by TJ89Accord
I had the oil changed today, and the transmission fluid changed today too. It feels like it drives MUCH smoother. I dunno if it's just in my head or not, but it feels so much better. How often are you supposed to change the tranny fluid?

tim
i don't remember but i know a lot of people do it every time they change their oil. i should really really change mine.

TJ89Accord
03-11-2003, 07:40 PM
yah but I put on about 3000 miles in less than a month, every month. so that might be a little much lol. It didn't seem that hard to change, but my friend did it for me cause he works at Jiffy lube, and it is REALLY cold out, so I didn't feel like doin it lol.

tim