PDA

View Full Version : WTF??? (clear tails)

YK86
03-11-2003, 01:46 AM
I was browsing E-bay and came across this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2406439682&category=33716

I know for a fact that is my car in the pic. That pic was in the how to for making clears on my website so I wouldn't be surprised if the seller's just printing out my write up and selling it. Just so you guys know and aren't fooled into paying, you can look at my how to for FREE (LOL) at: http://www.b20accord.com/clear.html

Blue Impact
03-11-2003, 02:23 AM
Holy sh*t!! Someone actually placed a bid.

Chubs87Accord
03-11-2003, 03:14 AM
yeah thats your car alright, i recognize it from your site, probably the instructions from your site too... you just made a guy rich enough to buy 2 cokes from stop & shop, woot, drinks on that guy

Shifty
03-11-2003, 03:27 AM
looks a lil ugly dont u think ?

shepherd79
03-11-2003, 04:41 AM
i think we should all start putting copyright of such and such website right on the picture.

89AccordLXI666
03-11-2003, 05:11 AM
I think so too... people can be so friggin stupid and not be polite enough to ask if they could use your pics for a website, and auction etc.... People like that piss me off, it's like WTF they can't take pics of there own... The least they can do is ask the owner of the pictures and ask if he or she could use them, ya know..... It's sad that people can't ask people for things... it never hurts to ask a question right? Lataz

wallyyfm
03-11-2003, 06:15 AM
i saw that like 3 days ago and mailed this post and wrote, "loser"

Mike89Accordcom
03-11-2003, 09:30 AM
Funny they use your car like they use mine on ebay, jerks!

original2k
03-11-2003, 09:53 AM
that actually pisses me off, u should put some kinda copyright on the bottom of your page, make a quick page that says that everything on your site is exculsively owned by you, and we should send him mail telling him we'll take his ass to court if he continues :)

p.s. - ok that's a little overkill but it still makes me mad when others try to cash in on some1's idea and hard work.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-11-2003, 09:54 AM
That is really gay. I have been hearing lots of bad things from ebay recently. My friend was buying a b20 motor from japan (on ebay) and they said it was in great shape and nothing wrong with it and they also said AS IS. Well he paid $2000 for it and the guy sent him the picture that was off of ebay. So now he has a $2000 picture.

HondaSi88
03-11-2003, 10:00 AM
Damn i feel sorry for your friend.....but that has to be the funniest thing i have heard in a minute.
If it happen to me i would have to laugh first then be angry later

YK86
03-11-2003, 10:27 AM
Are you serious about the B20 picture?? That's pretty scary. As for copyrighting and stuff, I don't really care. It's been like 3 years since I put up the how to and the pic. I've actually seen another how-to on a website somewhere where it was almost word for word identical to my instructions but with a different guy's e-mail address on the bottom. I know I'm not the only guy that used that idea but I did spend alot of time writing up the whole thing as detailed as possible. But what can I do?? And I think I know how Mike feels now. In a sense, it sort of pisses you off but att he same time, it's kind of a compliment LOL.

blazin3gen
03-11-2003, 11:04 AM
hmmm guess what guys i might of found who it was

j_will
3geez Newbie

•••••••••••••••••••••••••
Vehicle: ACCORD 89
Joined 3geez in: Feb 2003

clear Taillights for 89 accord
I have a 1989 accord lxi and i was wondering where can i buy or get some clear taillights for my car
if any body knows anything holla at me at [email protected]

hmm 1989 accord, EBAY-1989 accord hmmm one Post hmmm

http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5610

wallyyfm
03-11-2003, 04:20 PM
i did get a reply to mail i sent him, he just wrote

thanks, deez

which leads to the obvious- he's retarded

2old_honda
03-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
That is really gay. I have been hearing lots of bad things from ebay recently. My friend was buying a b20 motor from japan (on ebay) and they said it was in great shape and nothing wrong with it and they also said AS IS. Well he paid $2000 for it and the guy sent him the picture that was off of ebay. So now he has a $2000 picture.

holy shit! are you serious? that is beyond fucked up. that is one of the most fucked up things I have heard. is there any way your friend could get his money back?

MrBen
03-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by HondaSi88
Damn i feel sorry for your friend.....but that has to be the funniest thing i have heard in a minute.
If it happen to me i would have to laugh first then be angry later

Then I'd personally drive over there to his house and sling dog shit all over his house windows and car.

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-11-2003, 08:27 PM
yo, i checked his profile and he's only posted once. its under appearance/body kits for 86-89 accords. he actually asks if anyone knows where to find clears for his 89. WTF!?!? i guess he found his answer. send him a message if it is him that put it on e-bay. at least get him to tell you why, and what he plans on doing with the money he rips those people off for. does he even have any, or is he gonna do the picture thing. bust his ass.

Burn rubber 3g style!!!
-Nolan
P.S. burn rubber on his ass too.

blazin3gen
03-11-2003, 08:34 PM
i told u thats what i posted above ;)

Micah 89LXi
03-11-2003, 08:50 PM
so he is a 3geez member and he is BUYING plans from some fuck off ebay...damn thats sad

MrBen
03-12-2003, 12:19 PM
I emailed him, this is his response. My orginial message is below it:

Your question appears not to be a question, but more of a comment. Those taillights in the one picture are not of my car, but my friends. And his car happens to be an 89 Accord. One of my pictures was not accepted by Ebay, therefore I found a picture identical to the taillights on my 89. The owner of the photo already emailed and said he did not care. If ebay would accept my picture my own detailed picture would be displayed. Thanks for you concern. I know I am not a thief for making my own taillights and later finding someone else has done the same thing.
jWqn9x

-----Original Message-----

To: Gary S. Boyer
Cc:
Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2406439682

Your tail lights are not that of the 89 Accord; they are of an 86-87 Accord. At least one of your two photos posted appear to be not yours and the owner of that photo should have been asked for his consent. I would suggest refining your ad on Ebay so that it communicates correct information and displays and YOUR work, not someone else's.

YK86
03-12-2003, 12:58 PM
:rolleyes:
Uh...I don't think I know him so I'm not his "friend". Plus my car is an 86 which has different tails LOL. Oh well.

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-12-2003, 01:44 PM
he's an assclown. show a pic of your car compared to the pic of "his" car. they are exactly the same, and i don't think two people could make the exact same lights without conversing. Show him when you posted your pics on your site (i.e. time, date) and when you posted the how-to. if he still denies it, there may not be much else you can do, i don't know. anyway.....

Burn rubber 3g style!!!
-Nolan

YK86
03-12-2003, 04:18 PM
Don't worry about it. I really don't care much. I just made the original post because I couldn't believe the guy was selling the instructions. I think the other members have hassled him enough LOL.

MrBen
03-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Oh well!

I think your car is PIMP YK86. GOD, I wish I had your car. You are the one who got me to buy my car and led me to this site. If I hadn't found your site who knows what would have happened. I nearly orgasm every time I see your car too haha.

YK86
03-13-2003, 12:45 AM
Thanks, I really appreciate your input. But in all honesty, my car needs work. Hopefully, after I finish everything I have planned by the end of summer, my car will look much better. BTW, I can't believe my crap site lead you here LOL. Glad to hear it's done some sort of good.

whatdahieu
03-13-2003, 07:36 AM
hey can you email me on how to exactly do the clear taillight conversion?
i looked on your internet site but all it shows are pics no words so please let me know!
i appriciate the help.THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

87AccordDX
03-13-2003, 07:37 AM
why the hell do you want to pay $30 bucks when we arlready know how?

YK86
03-13-2003, 08:18 AM
whatdahieu-if you look at my first post in this thread, you can click on the link (not the e-bay one). That is the how-to with two pics and a big write up.

MrBen
03-13-2003, 11:38 AM
Yeah, YK I love the color of your car. That's probably why I like it so much. Mine is the stock silver, but yours is much brighter and clean looking. I remember reading on your site it is Quicksilver I think. You probably said all the details, but how did you go about geting that color?

Swan
03-16-2003, 01:59 PM
what a doushe! you should find out who he is and shove a set of clears up his arse!

YK86
03-16-2003, 04:49 PM
I got my car painted in 98 and I was set on silver for sure. I spent alot of time looking through the paint catalogues and I picked the most metallic silver there. It was '97 Nissan Quicksilver. I am definetly happy with the color. Nice and clean and very metallic in the sun.

MrBen
03-16-2003, 08:16 PM
Where did you get it painted? How much?

YK86
03-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Maaco LOL (for real). Since it's been a while since I got mine painted, there might be a nicer silver out there now.

MrBen
03-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Really, Maaco. Any problems with chipping, peeling, bubbling... etc? How much did it run you?

I might stop in the one by me and see what they've got. My car is silver now, but I want something brighter and metallic.

YK86
03-17-2003, 12:52 AM
No chipping or peeling BUT when I hit a dog (which only got minor bruising BTW), the body kit flexed alot cracking the paint. The paint then started chipping alot. I got that covered by insurance though and got it fixed at a body shop with top quality paint. Same thing happened when I bottomed out and hit my rear valance on a steep driveway.

As for the paint itself, for what I paid (I think it was $400CAD/$275US), it looked great for the first 2.5 years. But it started fading as I got the integrated clearcoat job. Using laundry/dish detergent hurt it alot as well (I didn't know any better). It stopped fading as soon as I switched to Zipwash but the damage was done. I have no regrets. My car is not worth a $2K paint job and I'd rather get it repainted every couple years than pay that much.

This time, I am thinking about prepping everything myself (sanding, body work, removing all the mouldings, tailights trims, etc), towing the car there and taking my own base/clear paint (PPG base and clear with maybe some pearls but not sure what would look good on a silver car, about $200 my cost) and getting them to just spray it for $200. The one I went to now uses Dupont urethane based paints only (no more enamel) and looking at the cars they did, the quality of the paint jobs has gone up quite a bit. Once I decide what I want to do, I'm going to take another visit. They are good at spraying that is for sure. No runs or abnormalities in any of the cars I've seen recently and in the past at that branch.

MrBen
03-17-2003, 09:09 AM
If I do go to Maaco, do you think I should do anything special before I take it in? I dont want them to do any body work, so would sanding down the bumpers count as body work? Should I just have them do it? I back into someone in my own stupidity a few months ago and my trunk lid is screw over; I would probably buy a new lid from the junkyard instead of having Maaco remedy it. I only intend to have this car for a couple or so more years, but when I do go to sell it I want to get more than what I paid, back.

YK86
03-17-2003, 09:44 AM
Talk to the branch and you should check yourself what kind of work they do. Every branch is individually owned so each will have a different idea of "quality". If you let them do everything, they will just mask the car off and paint leading to some overspray and things like the paint filling the crack between the moulding and door so when you remove the moulding, you'll chip some of the paint. If you want, you can just get them to spray more clear coat. They told me last time it was $35US more per coat of clear (labour and the clear itself). Talk over the options with the branch and see how much they would knock off on certain things (like prepping yourself, supplying your own paint, etc) and then think if it's worth the money your saving to do those things yourself.

danronian
03-17-2003, 10:14 AM
I took my chevelle to MAACO, and went for the $850 urethane w/integrated clear coat and also paid for prep so they could sand anything that I missed. I later noticed that they did not even touch the car with a piece of sandpaper, to be safe just do the prep yourself and get the cheapest paint and just keep alot of wax on it and it will last just as long. Thats just my opinion though.

MrBen
03-17-2003, 11:44 AM
My friend got is 86 Camry painted at Maaco, the location that is somewhat near me. I asked him last night if he's had any problems. He said he hasn't and it'd been two years. I'll go check them out next week, I just wanted any pointers beforehand! Thanks a lot

whatdahieu
03-24-2003, 07:54 AM
hey thanks i actually see it now duh!!!
thanks i appreciate the help:wave:

Y3G
03-26-2003, 04:22 PM
i wonder how many other 3geers have been used to hock sabby wairs???
i'm starting to put logos in all my stuff now so i know

HondaBoy
03-26-2003, 05:52 PM
in that first pic, i think thats ur light Yasu. in the 2nd pic, thats a guy named Kioliani. i know thats his 3gee. he lives in Hawaii. he was the first one i saw with clear tails on a 3gee. wonder wut ever happened to him? i wonder if hes a member here. i think he had either prelude or civic Si rims on his car.