PDA

View Full Version : Fixing My Accord with swap 86k a20a3 motor

Tref_LXI
03-11-2003, 10:17 AM
Hey guys, i have posted on here about my car that has 194k miles on it. The engine was blown for no good reason, so i have not been able to drive or work for 2 months. I called many places in the springs if they had a a20a3 engine for a 89 lxi and i have found many of them. The one im buying in about a week has 86k miles on it and is 150 compression per cylinder. It will cost me
I found a engine with 86k miles and 150 compression per cylinder for550 bucks and thats all. My neighbor has the hoist and experience needed for doing a engine swap. Im buying a new timing belt, because the one on my accord broke at 130k for my parents and fucked up a bunch of stuff. I have a list i have made to restore my acccord, but not "rice it out". I dont want a race car, but I love how my car looks. Im going to list everything im doing to my car.
Repairs-
1 Get a 91 Prelude hood to replace my old hood with 4 dents in it (my dads fault)
2 Air Vent replaced(I punched it after my car broke another spark plug for the 40th time, one day before i was to go to california
3 Paint it all black
4 Buy retractable antenna(moms fault)
5 Fix my power window so it goes up and down, and stays shut.
6 Find a Honda Logo for my hood.(dads fault)
7 Wash everything inside, cats have been sleeping inside of my car since my window wont stay up.
8 New timing belt
9 4 new rims from a 91 prelude si
10 tint my windows
11 fix my flat tire(my fault)
12 K&N air filter
13 Aem Cold air intake
14 Replace all fluid inside of the car, my power steering fluid is low
15 New windshield wipers
16 Put correct tire pressure on all 4 tires.
17 Sony cd player and 4 new speakers, small sub because i dont really turn up my other two subs in my house much. + i hate how they feel up high.
18(maybe) replace two front seats, you can see the seems on both of them, but they are very comfortable.
In about 2 weeks i should be able to post my pictures of my worn accord. Thanks for reading