PDA

View Full Version : 82 Honda Civic 1500 DX 5spd

Immeraufdemhund
03-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Hey guys. Well here's the story, I got that car when it had 80,000 orignal miles on it. I've had the head redone 3 times... grrr. They ddin't resurface the head the first 2 times...so now it' sjust sitting in my drive way. I have a few questions. I remember a while back that there was this other civic same year that put a 3g motor in it. This one is currently carbed. Should I get a a20a1 or an a3 for the car? I want to make it a3 just because i'm an efi fan. I'm not opposed to making my own engine mounts (which i know i'm going to have to do cause i've been measuring a little bit today) What series engine is in this old bugger? I have a boat load of questions if anyone is knowledgeable about this. I'm grateful for any suggestions that you guys have. Peace

dXsquared
03-11-2003, 12:16 PM
i think carrb would be easier.. with a weber...

Travis

Immeraufdemhund
03-11-2003, 02:59 PM
yah, that woiuld be nice. I talked to some people on the phone not to long ago, and they said that I should just stick with carb. I'm mainly going for drivablility not raceing specs stuff, so i'm not all that concerned with all these performance upgrades. I just want to put the beast in their. I've been looking around for the 82 engine and i can get an engine with a manifold for 200. I dont know yet what i want to completly do, i'd like to put a reliable 3g motor in their and just be through with it.

Immeraufdemhund
03-13-2003, 06:00 AM
I'll have the engine out today, i unhooked everything and I want to start measuring to see what sort of options i have. I found out that my engine is a bit wider than the old one in their. I was wondering if a b16 would fit a little bit better? i figure since i'm pulling out a 1.5 putting in a 1.6 wouldn't be that much of a change (size wize, deffinatly not power) How do i measure these sort of things. When i get this engine out i'm goign to measure somethings and find a crx, or a teg and measure that too see what i come up with. Anywho, i must run. bye

PhydeauX
03-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Do some searches for 2nd gen civics. I've seen pics a b16 swaped in to a 2nd gen before, I don't think there was much info on it though. I also think that the 1.8l from the 81-83 accord will drop in, don't quote me but I think its possible. There is plenty of info out there on those old things if you look in the right places.

andy

Immeraufdemhund
03-13-2003, 02:28 PM
Okay, well i got everthing disconnected today on the eingine and most everythign on the tranny. I can't figure out how in the world to take off the shift rod on the tranny, that's the only thing i lack then i can rip that bugger out of their. Any help? i've searched a couple of places on the internet, and none of hte pics really helped me. I'm goign to head out again into the rain and see what i can do!

PhydeauX
03-13-2003, 06:58 PM
Thers a roll pin you need to knock out.

Its #41 in this (http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=CIVIC&Year=1982&TrimLevel=3DR+%2A%2A+1300&TransLevel=4MTKA&Section=F&Category=B++35++%7CSHIFT+LEVER+%281%29&Doors=3&Emissions=KA&PartCatalogId=13SA00&ViewParts=true) pic.

andy

Immeraufdemhund
03-16-2003, 04:19 PM
thanx guys, i got everything off and now i'm dissasembling the motor right now. I'm going to piece it out and sell the body soon. Thanx