PDA

View Full Version : where the hell is the trunk light button?

88 Accord DX
03-11-2003, 12:19 PM
i cant find the damn button to turn off the light in the trunk. im wiring some neons for the trunk lights and i thought i had the right wires but then i closed the trunk lid the lights stayed on :mad: does anyone know where the button is that turns the light off so i can test the wires easier???

1987HondaAccord
03-11-2003, 02:09 PM
On mine there was a little switch on the light housing, but if you replaced it with a neon setup maybe you forgot to put the switch in... I think the sensor that "sees" if the trunk is closed is in the latch mechanism.

good luck

MrBen
03-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Yeah it should be the latch. I know I've stuck my finger in the latch thing and the light went off.

By the way, on DX's, when you open the rear doors, is the interior light supposed to come on? Mine doesnt. I know they do on my mom's LX

Grant2k
03-11-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by GhettoAccord
Yeah it should be the latch. I know I've stuck my finger in the latch thing and the light went off.

By the way, on DX's, when you open the rear doors, is the interior light supposed to come on? Mine doesnt. I know they do on my mom's LX
check the switch on your door jamb. it's probably sticking. do you have a coupe? because when the doors start to sag they mangle up the switch and then it sticks. that's what's wrong with my girlfriend's car.

MrBen
03-11-2003, 04:12 PM
No, 4 door. It's on both sides for the rear doors. Isn't that a bit of a coincidence? I'll check them and see.

danronian
03-11-2003, 08:41 PM
When i bought my four door not one door switch worked. I had to take off every door jamb switch and file the connections, easy fix, but it took a while to figure out.

MrBen
03-11-2003, 08:44 PM
I checked and the switch on the jamb is not stuck on both sides.