PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get 4 center caps for my 89 alloys?

Tref_LXI
03-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Yeah sorry for sounding so friggen stupid, but i am when it comes to most parts in cars. Anyway my 4 stock lxi rims look fine when i polished and washed them really good so im going to keep them, but i need to replace the centers of all 4. THe honda logo part is almost worn off of all of them.

Jims 86LXI HB
03-11-2003, 04:29 PM
I edited your original topic header to better reflect what you are asking. In my mind your best bet is looking in a junk yard on the hopes that you can find some in better condition. If anyone has a better idea please do post it.:wave:

danronian
03-11-2003, 08:15 PM
If you want to be thrifty about it I would first try to refinish the caps since no matter how cheap they might be to buy you could be able to refinish them and have them look decent enough, you do have to remember most of the time hubcaps are so covered with brake dust you cant see them really well. If you do decide to go this way with them just be sure to use good primer, paint, and a clear coat. Also be sure to scrub them very clean before and be sure to use sandpaper that is 320 and finer. I made the mistake of using cheap paint and they chipped in two months, I also made the mistake of using 120 sand paper which majorly scratched them, but you live you learn.

Alexi3rdgen
03-29-2003, 11:18 PM
The '88-'89 Centercaps all seem to be crap, with the paint that peels and such. I priced replacements at the dealership, it was like $40 some dollars for those little plastic things! What a rip off. The sales guy that sold me the car offered to refinish the old ones for me. Well, he painted over the H's and the surface was kind of rough. The first time I washed the car, I sprayed the paint right off. I don't know how well the refinishing method works, but with the way they were made, all of us stock people have to suffer. :(

Alexi3rdgen

Alexi3rdgen
03-29-2003, 11:18 PM
The '88-'89 Centercaps all seem to be crap, with the paint that peels and such. I priced replacements at the dealership, it was like $40 some dollars for those little plastic things! What a rip off. The sales guy that sold me the car offered to refinish the old ones for me. Well, he painted over the H's and the surface was kind of rough. The first time I washed the car, I sprayed the paint right off. I don't know how well the refinishing method works, but with the way they were made, all of us stock people have to suffer. :(

Alexi3rdgen

Alexi3rdgen
03-29-2003, 11:20 PM
Sorry 'bout that...

Alexi3rdgen

Coitis1
03-30-2003, 07:03 AM
junkyard