PDA

View Full Version : hey. yk86

meohmy01
03-11-2003, 04:41 PM
i was just at your website and i absolutley love the blue accord. it is the exact same year and model as mine. only mine is covered in primer. i read that you had indeed cut your springs. im am looking to do the same. since i will be selling the car with in the next 6 months i don't want to spend tons of money i so can milk it for what it's worth. however i would like to lower it for the look. i know that i will have better luck selling it to a dumb teenager (i can say that because i am one) if it is lowered. i can't quite lower it 3 inches because i will be cramming 16's with decent sized rubber in there. id like to lower it the same amount as my 94, 2.25. a lot of people already gave me tips in another post but since they lowered there cars much lower than i want mine to be i figured you might be able to help me out in that respect.

YK86
03-12-2003, 12:13 PM
You are in the same boat I was in when I did mine. I refused to spend lots of money on that car (it was my cheap mods car). Regardless of cutting or using lowering springs, I highly reccomend you get new struts. Monroes come with a limited lifetime warranty and they are very affordable. So get those first and then either cut away or find a good set of springs in the marketplace or E-bay. They will ride well enough for daily driving and as long as you don't cut too much, handling will be so so too. I know I'll get an earful of "No! Don't cut springs no!!!!" so I will say nothing beats a "real" good suspension combo but this does do the job as long as you know it's not going to handle awesome and is soley for looks.

meohmy01
03-12-2003, 01:04 PM
well right now i don't want to do struts since the car just sits there. but eventually i will. i did nuespeed springs and tokico shocks on my 94 accord. that was fairly expensive so i don't want to do it on this one. if you can tell me what you did to lower your car and how many coils you cut off that would be a great help. thanks

Coroncho80
03-12-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by meohmy01
i was just at your website and i absolutley love the blue accord. it is the exact same year and model as mine. only mine is covered in primer. i read that you had indeed cut your springs. im am looking to do the same. since i will be selling the car with in the next 6 months i don't want to spend tons of money i so can milk it for what it's worth. however i would like to lower it for the look. i know that i will have better luck selling it to a dumb teenager (i can say that because i am one) if it is lowered. i can't quite lower it 3 inches because i will be cramming 16's with decent sized rubber in there. id like to lower it the same amount as my 94, 2.25. a lot of people already gave me tips in another post but since they lowered there cars much lower than i want mine to be i figured you might be able to help me out in that respect.

There is one thing that is called

PMs!

Grant2k
03-12-2003, 03:11 PM
it looks like you wrote PMS(PreMenstral Symptoms...i think). he means Private Messages.

meohmy01
03-12-2003, 04:09 PM
what's wrong with doing it this way? this way if anyone else needs to do it they can.

Grant2k
03-12-2003, 04:32 PM
nothing's wrong with it, it's just that usually to ask a question of one person it's better to do it in a private message. but this is a pretty open topic, so there's nothing wrong with it. i think it should really be in the Suspension/Wheel/Tires forum though. Maurice is just a post whore. hehehe.

YK86
03-12-2003, 04:49 PM
If you are openly calling someone out, it's best to PM them unless they are not responding to your PM's and e-mails. But if you are talking about a certain topic and want a particular person to respond, it's best to have the title stating the topic and the person's name saying you are interested in their feedback like alot of people do when they need Jim's input on suspension stuff.

As for the springs, it was almost scary to drive with blown struts and cut springs and I can't say that enough. The car swayed alot and the Monroes made a night and day difference. They cost me about $160US for all 4 but I'm sure it's cheaper in the US. The springs I already bought cut from the junkyard. I told them they were cut and they gave me for like $20. I didn't want to cut the ones that came with the car because I knew they would be going back in. After seening how low they went, I cut more until I was happy. It's always best to cut 1/4 coil at a time for fine tuning the height.

meohmy01
03-12-2003, 04:58 PM
ok.