PDA

View Full Version : Pearldrops White Accord

JaVaSa84
03-12-2003, 07:10 PM
I have so many questions about that shit. That's the best interior I've ever seen on a car. That wood floor is sicc. How did you do all that shit? How much did it cost all together? How much did it cost to get that wood floor?
Holla bacc at me homie!

JaVaSa84
03-13-2003, 02:16 PM
It's so funny how y'all just look at shit and don't reply. Yo Pearldrop your Accord was hot. Tell me how you did your floor like that. Why you actin' stupid for homie?

YK86
03-13-2003, 02:32 PM
We're not Pearldrop so that's why we don't reply. Chris is probably busy so just give him some time.

JaVaSa84
03-13-2003, 02:38 PM
Do you know how to do the floor like how he had?
Is there a kit or something?

pearldrop
03-13-2003, 02:52 PM
Geez, be patient. You have to give me some time to look at it and then type up a response. :)

I don't have an exact price for how much it cost because I did it in several steps. Basically, getting the seats reupholstered was about $1000. It should have cost more but I was there helping and I was good friends with the ladies who did it. Then there was all of the other vinyl for door panels and headliners and stuff that I had to buy and the glue to apply it all. That was probably about $300. The paint for the dash was about $200. A lot of the cost on top of that was to replace all the parts that had any scratches in them. I had to have the interior perfect so I went the extra mile.
The wood floors were easy. I just cut out cardboard that fit the shape of the flat part of the floor. Then I cut out some 1/2 inch particle board in that shape and glued some hardwood squares to them. Then I just put a very large brown piping around the edge to cover the edge of the hardwood and blend with the carpet. That probably only cost me about $20 to do.

I'm sure you could get it done a lot cheaper but I wanted the absolute best job I could get.

JaVaSa84
03-13-2003, 02:58 PM
NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!!
Pearldrop, that was a thoroughly answered question and I thank you for your time.

89AccordLvr
03-13-2003, 03:08 PM
hey pearl drop why did it cost you $200 for the paintin of the dash did you have it professionally done, also do you have other pics of your interior that i can look at cuz the one in your sig doesnt show your wood floors i wanna check those out

StUpiD8000
03-14-2003, 05:10 AM
hummm wow, I never really saw you had a wood
floor in that car. Man I miss that car.

pearldrop
03-14-2003, 08:43 AM
I used professional quality interior paint made by Sikkens for my interior. I sprayed the dash in a paint booth to make sure it turned out good. Once I sprayed it there I realized that dirt didn't matter with this stuff and sprayed the rest in the garage. Any imperfections basically just wipe off after it dries. It is really easy to use and looks like a factory finish.
I only have one good picture of the interior that Mike took at a show we were at together. I wish I would have taken more.
http://www.geocities.com/caddy20s/accordinterior.txt
http://www.89accord.com/special/pearl6.jpg
http://www.89accord.com/tcts141.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/caddy20s/accordtrunk1.txt

TJ89Accord
03-14-2003, 09:08 AM
Wow. Normally I wouldn't like any of the stuff that you did to that 3g. But for some reason I think that car looks really nice. I guess it all matters on how you put everything in. You did a really nice job on that car, along with all the others u have had. Keep it up.

tim

89accord_lxi_coupe
03-14-2003, 09:55 AM
oohhhhh shi..... i've seen the interior once before, but it still gets me. damn man......... the trunk is probably the best i've ever seen.
it's simple, stylish and hella fun to look at. stupid said he misses your car..... what happend to it?

Burn rubber 3g style!!!
-Nolan

Y3G
03-14-2003, 09:25 PM
i love it
kinda looks like a basketball court:D

Swan
03-16-2003, 05:36 PM
not a big fan of the wood... but you should check out www.exoticwooddash.com.... they got dash kits, from several colors of woodgrain, to black, red, blue, or yellow carbon fiber.....I was gonna get some, but changed my mind...but now that I think about it..............white dash with blue carbon fiber.....hmmmmm