PDA

View Full Version : Ahh, the joys of the junkyard...

cdscowboy
03-12-2003, 11:44 PM
Just wanted to say that I think I'm dating one of the greatest girls out there... This Friday (3-14) is our two-month (kinda dorky, I know, but deal with it ;)), and we're gonna do dinner and all that stuff. Then on Saturday, we're gonna go to the junkyard and look for stuff for my car, and maybe hers, too! And the best part is...IT WAS HER IDEA!!!!!!:D How awesome is that?!?!?!?

Yeah, guess that's about it...:)

2old_honda
03-12-2003, 11:52 PM
best. girl. ever.

cdscowboy
03-13-2003, 12:09 AM
no. shit. i. know. :D.

ACCORD EX
03-13-2003, 05:26 AM
what car she has ! ?

MIKE

DBMaster
03-13-2003, 07:22 AM
A word to the wise. Remember, I have some years on you, whipper-snapper. I got married years earlier than most of my friends (at age 24). I used to go on camping trips with the guys. My wife wouldn't go, but didn't care if I did. When the guys got girlfriends, or even got engaged the girls would camp with them.

Once they got married that ended. Most of their wives wouldn't even consider letting them go on a guys only camping trip any more.

So, beware. It works both ways. You must imagine there are wives out there who found out their husbands weren't as nice to them as they were when dating.

With that said, hey, my wife wouldn't have gone to a junkyard with me even when we were dating. I never asked her to, though. As far as she is concerned you just put gas in a car. Anything else that needs to be done is just "that annoying crap that I spend time and money doing."

guaynabo89
03-13-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by DBMaster
As far as she is concerned you just put gas in a car. Anything else that needs to be done is just "that annoying crap that I spend time and money doing."

:lol

Mike's89AccordLX
03-13-2003, 08:19 AM
DBMASTER hit the nail on the head. I've been dating my g/f for 6 months now and she had an idea about going to the junk yards too. Well I thought it was cool, but she didn't really want to go she was just trying to make me happy. Put it this way she doesn't want me talking about my car around her anymore. But I do it anyways. I think she's finally getting used to it b/c she'll have to b/c I'm going to school to be a mechanic. So don't expect to last for ever dude.

Grant2k
03-13-2003, 09:30 AM
i'll have been with my girlfriend for 2 years in July and sometimes i can tell if she's just trying to make me happy, but she does show interest in her car sometimes and i think it's sincere. not mods, just maintinence. she even helps me work on it and gets dirty and asks questions. she didn't want to hear it when i tried to explain to her how an engine works and told me when she thought i was spending too much time with my 3wheeler so if she's upset i know. she did show intrest in going to junk yards with me though because she wants a fold down back seat and she knows that's how to get one.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-13-2003, 09:55 AM
My girlfriend is wanting to learn about cars but I don't think she cares about mods though. She wanted me to buy her a new car (jokingly) and I told her if I buy her a car it's gonna be a 3g.

86AccordLxi
03-13-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by cdscowboy
Just wanted to say that I think I'm dating one of the greatest girls out there... This Friday (3-14) is our two-month (kinda dorky, I know, but deal with it ;)), and we're gonna do dinner and all that stuff. Then on Saturday, we're gonna go to the junkyard and look for stuff for my car, and maybe hers, too! And the best part is...IT WAS HER IDEA!!!!!!:D How awesome is that?!?!?!?

Yeah, guess that's about it...:)

Yeah...my gf likes going to the j/y. We used to go far more often, usually looking for stuff for her car (a Yellow, 1990 VW Cabriolet; for sale ;)) but we haven't been together in a long while.

Alex

DBMaster
03-13-2003, 11:34 AM
Well, never forget that there are other things they do for you while dating that they won't do later either. ;)

Mike's89AccordLX
03-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Ahh crap, I forgot about that. My new g/f has never given anyone a bj and she said she'll try when she's ready so I guess I'll never get head again. Oh well at least she puts out :D

cdscowboy
03-13-2003, 01:51 PM
Stick to the j/y, Mike....lol...you perv!!! And I've gone out with this girl in the past, so she's an ex. She knows all my quirks, and I know most of hers, so it's all good. She used to hate even the thought of a j/y, and Autotrader, too (when I was looking for a car). But I think she's genuinely excited to go....she's brought it up more times than I have!!! :D She just bought a Nissan Stanza for $1800. It's a '92 w/125k on it. A very nice car for the price. I drove it, and I was almost (ALMOST) jealous!! :) She had some troubles with the door locks, but she's got it figured out now...on her own, too, I believe. I'm so proud!! :) Anyhow, she used to go to the j/y with me just cause we were going out and wanted to make me happy, but this time SHE brought it up, so it's totally different!!

DBMaster
03-13-2003, 02:23 PM
I freely admit that I am a perv!

Sorry about being so negative. There are actually women out there who enjoy doing things with their men for the sheer sake of spending time with them.

Ah, the good old days.

cdscowboy
03-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Don't worry about it DB...it's all good! I think she might be one of those women...lucky me! :D

AccordEpicenter
03-14-2003, 11:28 AM
see the only thing my GF does to cars is blow them up!

Grant2k
03-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by cdscowboy
Don't worry about it DB...it's all good! I think she might be one of those women...lucky me! :D
awww, that's adorable.

cdscowboy
03-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Epicenter...:lol I think your GF needs some automotive lessons!!! :)

Grant...i know;) that kinda stuff scores major points, but of course that's not the only reason I do it! :D