PDA

View Full Version : Soaked Interior! Any suggestions?

Project-LXi
03-13-2003, 11:48 AM
Ok, Im not happy. Yesturday was a really nice clear beautiful day. I came home and forgot to roll up any of my windows or the sunroof (I park my car away from where anyone could break into it). So this morning I am woken up by the pitter pater of rain!! OH SHIT!!! I ran out of the house in my boxers with keys in hand and rolled everything up. But my interior is DRENCHED!! :mad: :burn: :banghead: So... does anyone have some suggestions on a good way to get rid of all the wetness? I dont want a mildewy interior.

NOAHS88accord
03-13-2003, 12:40 PM
use a shopvac wetvac, and then turn on a space heater in there, or if you have a garage park it in your garage and shopvac/wetvac the shit out of it, you could even throw in some upholstery cleaner and clean it while your at it

blazin3gen
03-13-2003, 01:00 PM
OO that sux use the shop vac now your interior is gonna smell like piss :barf:

Neuspeed87lx
03-13-2003, 07:04 PM
put some kind of deoderizer in there .... like carpet cleaner or something ... then use the vac

Mike89Accordcom
03-13-2003, 07:22 PM
I would get tons of towels, pull your car into a garage and open all the windows to let it dry.

YK86
03-13-2003, 07:27 PM
It happened to me on the passenger side when the seal around the window went bad. It was wet but not wet enough for it to be sucked up by a shopvac so I used towels to soak as much as I could, took out the seat and flipped the carpet and use a heater to dry as much as I could.

Chubs87Accord
03-14-2003, 01:11 PM
shopvacm towels anda blowdryer... then spray the hell outta that biznatch with lysol when its dry

cyber288
03-17-2003, 10:28 AM
The felt under your carpet are surely thoroughly soaked in water. You should put some old newspaper UNDER your carpet. This will get most of the water out. Based on my own experience, you'll need to change the newspapers at least 2-3 times to do a good job.