PDA

View Full Version : B20A5 header on Accord B20A

AccordEXI
03-13-2003, 02:21 PM
What exactly needs to be done to make the B20A5 header work on the Accord B20A. My local shop could not get the header to fit the head. It seems the bottom row of studs if off. Do these have to be drilled out a little to make it fit. I was under the impression that the header bolts to the head with no problem and the only customizing is for the downpipe. I tried bolting the header to my spare JDM B20A and have the same problem. Any clarification would be appreciated.

YK86
03-13-2003, 02:30 PM
After reading this post, I immediately ran out to check my Airmass header with the spare B20A head and you are right. But it looks like all you need to do it drill all the holes a bit bigger and everything will fit.

Immeraufdemhund
03-13-2003, 04:43 PM
hey, send that spare b20a my way. Or are you looking to selling it?

BOLINKXR-89LXI
03-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Ha guys heres the deal with the DC I got mine to fit you just need to drill the last to holes a little bit to make it fit just line it up on your stock header its ezey .

the hard part is makeing a new down pipe you got to bolt the stock header to a binch and bolt the DC in the same way and make a new pipe thats the same as the stock one . the only other problum is the o2 cencers wont fit in the holes in the header so I had to move them down to the down pipe so they clear the fram then it will bolt right up use the ends of the pipe that came with your header and flex pipe to make your new down pipe its a lot of fun good luck.

AvgWhtMale
03-21-2003, 07:39 PM
I thought the JDM B20A used the same exhaust manifold as the A20A. If this is the case, why wouldn't the A20A header fit the B20A?

RobT5580
03-21-2003, 09:56 PM
No they use something close to the B20A5 manifold setup. If it was the same as the A20A it would make life easier for the B20A owners looking for headers w/o having to modify them. I guess its in my favor for the turbo manifold though but not for the others.

BOLINKXR-89LXI
03-22-2003, 10:19 PM
I think If I put a turbo on my b20a I would get a lude speed header or have a custom one made

RobT5580
03-23-2003, 07:44 AM
Ludespeed no longer makes prelude items nor will he make any i already tried that. A fellow owner of the ludespeed kit bought an aftermarket manifold (equal length one) which i have been working on trying to get. The website i have for the company has a bad phone number and after waiting 2wks i received an email that the manifold is $525 shipped but i didnt get a phone number. So im waiting on an email again so i can order it. Basically i would want the best possible custom made manifold for performance and appearance and Pruven performance said it would be $1000 for a custom manifold.

BOLINKXR-89LXI
03-23-2003, 07:42 PM
I no of two people that will make me one for $500 bucks to fit any car i probably just have one made if I cant find one I like to what intill I find a good deal then get something custom made from a speed shop for big bucks .