PDA

View Full Version : I mounted my LCD screen today.

TJ89Accord
03-13-2003, 07:14 PM
I mounted my LCD screen today. :pimp: I mounted it under the radio in the console that the LXIs have. I will take pics of it very soon but I have to wait so that I can get my sister's digicam. I haven't hooked it up to anything yet, I'm still trying to decide what I wanna do for a video source. How did everyone on here with an LCD screen hook it up for power? I was thinking that I would hook it up to the ignition, and then also have a switch on it. That way I couldn't accidently leave it on all night long or something. Pics to come VERY soon :).

tim

86hatchbackLXi
03-13-2003, 07:54 PM
you can wire it up to a relay so it only has power once the car is on. i got directions out of a car audio magazine and it works really well. ill go look for it later

TJ89Accord
03-14-2003, 08:42 AM
Yah I know how to wire up relays for the most part. I was just wondering how everyone else wired theres up tho. Cuase I don't want it to come on unless I'm gonna use it. So I was thinkin of wiring it up to the ignition, and then also having a kill switch for it, so that I can shut it off and on when I want, but not have it come on when the car is off. Kinda like a radio... You could still post that how to for the relay tho. I'm sure it would help out a lot of people here. Hey how did you wire up your PS2 also? I was thinkin of doin that for a video source in the car. Where did you mount it? What size power invertor did you use.

thanks

tim

86hatchbackLXi
03-15-2003, 06:41 PM
where to start... my inverter is 120 watts. i got it for like 50 bucks at circuit city, if you have time you can probably get a good deal off of ebay. make sure it has turn off protection. my inverter will shut off automatically if the battery voltage drops too much. the ps2 is under my passanger seat. i had to buy some new longer bolts and spacers to raise the seat up like 1/2 inch becuase the sliders will get in the way and you risk people crushing it when they sit down. i was looking into mouting it inside the glove box and you should try it. if you post your email address ill send you the pic of the wiring diagram. hope that answers your q's for now

TJ89Accord
03-15-2003, 07:50 PM
[email protected] or you can IM me at tj94accord. did you use a FM modulator for the sound? Or do you have aux inputs on you radio? I'm gonna be able to hook it up right to the radio.

thanks

tim

dXsquared
03-15-2003, 07:58 PM
its a fairly straigh process... hook the PS2 to the radio with the RCA's... and hook the LCD up with RCA's... umm... and use a switch on the screen.. its not that hard.. i dunno why its causing trouble for you!

Travis

TJ89Accord
03-15-2003, 08:12 PM
Yah no shit. I was wondering how everyone else did theres. And where they put the PS2 and where they put the power invertor. Just to give me an ideo so when I do mine it will make it that much easier. And the LCD only connects with one RCA not RCA's.

tim

dXsquared
03-15-2003, 08:37 PM
im sorry.. i wasnt being super tech... any way.. yah.. just one video cable.. dont be cheap.. go to a home entertainment store adn spend like 10 buck on the video cable.. they work sooo much better

Travis

86hatchbackLXi
03-16-2003, 06:13 PM
alright i emailed you the diagram. good luck

TJ89Accord
03-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Here are a few pics of the LCD install. I'm pretty happy with it. It's not perfect but oh well. You won't see any wires when I'm done either, I just haven't hooked it up to anything yet. I got the screen for free too :). And I found the wood in my basement that I used to mount it. And I had the carpet from a project that I did like 2 years ago...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p8ac7fd3240fb7fb494ba8582a891685f/fc7e1fc0.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p1cd7c31e1ced836634c1781911b8ff2a/fc7e1fbc.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p7cdf707c46e140c43fbe3ecf60684d9d/fc7e1fbe.jpg

What do ya think?

tim

bobafett
03-17-2003, 02:42 PM
neat... let us know when you get it all hooked up! :)

.:1987 LX:.
03-17-2003, 02:54 PM
That's really cool man! I like it great job on the woodworking and such. But-grey? imo -knowing you aren't done- it doesn't look right. The burgundy/crimson and grey don't quite coinside with each other. Hella good job tho props 2 u

TJ89Accord
03-17-2003, 04:58 PM
Yah, I don't think that you can get a color that goes good with the interior of my car lol...

tim

3G Jester
03-17-2003, 08:12 PM
at least do black. itll look better then grey....and what about if you wanna watch a movie while your in park...wont the shifter block the veiw?put it in the dash?

blazin3gen
03-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Looks Great but dosent the shifter get in the way too much?

hondaaccord_86
03-17-2003, 08:53 PM
hey thas a sweet jab man!!! i mounted mine on the dash, but i take it out all the time. it looks CLEAN!!! i hooked mine up to a tv tuner, so i can watch TV and can add on a dvd or PS2.
keep up the good work!

TJ89Accord
03-18-2003, 06:21 PM
yah if it is in park, the shifter gets in the way. To fix that, shut the car off and put it in gear. Black carpet woulda looked better, i didn't even think of that. Oh well. Its in there now.

hondaaccord_86, How much and where did u get the tuner from? How good do the stations come in, and did it come with an antenna too?

tim

86hatchbackLXi
03-18-2003, 06:27 PM
i was wondering about the tuner as well. do the stations come in decent enough?

Hash_man_Se_i
03-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Yo man, I think that looks pretty cool, but its kinda in a dumb place, with the shift knob and all, but oh well it was free thats sweet. Also, I think you should hook up the Ps2 in the Glove box. That way, its out of the way, and convenient for when u need it.

TJ89Accord
03-25-2003, 12:11 PM
Its really actually not in that bad of a spot. If the car is in park, you can still see it, you just have to lean a little. When it's in drive, you can see it fine. I hooked a PS1 up to it really quick, just to test it all out. I was drivin around while one of my friends played tony hawk. Until he started feelin sick lol. Oh well.

tim