PDA

View Full Version : Who HERE hooks up valve covers??

offthahook
03-13-2003, 10:11 PM
Damnit, I lost my email concerning this!! I don't want it polished like the dude in Oregon does it. Those look good, but I wanna red one. It's from an LX-i. I would want like a powdercoat or something like it. Also, I want the lines and Honda mark to be silver like the factory look. Who is the person or persons who can do it??? I think dude drove a Chrysler product cuz that's what red he used...

Chubs87Accord
03-14-2003, 01:07 PM
surfandturf is pretty good at it, he had a couple at the nj meet, they looked sweet

gruvmstr206
03-18-2003, 04:10 AM
I have a red powerder coated one for sale, just as you want it. e-mail me and ill send you pics

thanks

[email protected]

Grant2k
03-18-2003, 08:29 AM
is it actually powder coated? i think people's perceptions as to what powder coating is may be a little skewed.

turfnnsurf
03-18-2003, 08:52 AM
The valve covers I do are NOT powder coated.. I use a base coat of high heat primer. Then a layer of silver metallic flake and a coat or two of candy apple red. The last coat is a clear coat of high heat clear. I have had three different painted valve covers under my hood over the last 5 months and NONE have run, bubbled or changed color from engine heat.. So far so good...

PS. Joel I am prepping an LX-i valve cover for you today, all the stripes and lettering will be sanded and taped off then it will be painted up Candy Apple Red just like mine.

offthahook
03-18-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by turfnnsurf
The valve covers I do are NOT powder coated.. I use a base coat of high heat primer. Then a layer of silver metallic flake and a coat or two of candy apple red. The last coat is a clear coat of high heat clear. I have had three different painted valve covers under my hood over the last 5 months and NONE have run, bubbled or changed color from engine heat.. So far so good...

PS. Joel I am prepping an LX-i valve cover for you today, all the stripes and lettering will be sanded and taped off then it will be painted up Candy Apple Red just like mine.

:cool:

MoonScryer
03-19-2003, 11:15 AM
http://www.moonscryer.org/engine.jpg

87Hybrid (dude in Oregon or Washington) did that one. It hasn't been cleaned in a while though, so is dull.

Oh, and I'm posting this for narcissistic-car purposes :D

Grant2k
03-19-2003, 11:20 AM
that looks good. i've heard those Ractive intake "heat sheilds" cause a lot of restriction though. i do like how you have it routed though. it looks like the piping you're using off your manifold is a little small too. what size is that?

buzzbomber88lx
03-21-2003, 06:40 PM
that motor looks good.

dXsquared
03-23-2003, 07:49 AM
i have two extra valve covers... one si polished.. and the other is beadblasted and primed ready for many layers of paint... lemme know if anyone wants to buy one

i think they will go for like 50 plus shipping

Travis

Y3G
03-23-2003, 01:11 PM
i don't paint them but i can polish. i could paint them if you want

LX-i Girl
03-26-2003, 12:07 PM
jim did my white one for me and chris's blue one....he does an awesome job!