PDA

View Full Version : look what i just bought!

LX-i Girl
03-14-2003, 12:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3013256320&category=18798

i would have gone for the one with the 3d dot matrix display, but i wanted to save 200 dollars. besides, when i'm driving i'm not looking at the display so it's all good!

hopefully for my birthday which is coming up here quick i will get some new speakers and then i will be all set!

TJ89Accord
03-14-2003, 01:12 PM
What did you have before? Stock? That will sound much much better. Are you gonna do the install urself? It's really easy to do ans u save urself some money too.

tim

LX-i Girl
03-14-2003, 01:13 PM
yeah chris and i are going to try to do the install ourselves and if we can't figure it out then we have friends that are able to do it. and what i have now IS stock and i hate it!

86hatchbackLXi
03-15-2003, 06:22 PM
wow, that is a really good deal for an MP3 deck. let us know how it works out. i heard they are slow loading the tracks

LX-i Girl
03-15-2003, 09:56 PM
naw it shouldn't be. chris has last years version and we just listened to mp3's on the way home no problem.....there's only one song that takes forever to load, but the rest are fine! i can't wait to get mine!

88LXiCoupeAT
03-16-2003, 05:46 AM
Yeah - I got an MP3 player and let me tell ya - they are definitly the way to go... I got a JVC KD-SH909 and have 0 wait for tracks!! I have heard that some older models do have a wait problem and also heard that about Kenwoods, but I think they are really getting this technology down... and I see no reason why if getting a new system to not go MP3!! I carry so much fewer CD's in my car now and my originals are no longer getting f'd up cuz of my bad habit of never returning them to the jewel cases while driving. Plus how can u beat a 100+ songs on one CD!!!

dXsquared
03-16-2003, 09:13 AM
damn... that deck only has front and rear pre outs. i would never get a deck with out a sub out. it makes them sound like shit and you cant adjust the out put to the sub. i would have gotten somthing different, but if thats the money you anted to spend, then good for you. its a nice deck and all, but the features are lagging

if you didnt have to get MP3 you could have got a much better deck for the money
http://www.ikesound.com/Prod_Details.asp?Prod_Id=314

this is my personal choice in that price bracket
http://www.ikesound.com/Prod_Details.asp?Prod_Id=312

anyway... have fun with your new deck and get my subs bumpin soon

Travis

Strahan
03-19-2003, 10:07 PM
Cool. Prices are getting really cheap on these units. I bought a JVC KD-SH99 when they were relatively new, ran $230. Like 88LXiCoupeAT I have 0 wait time for tracks. When I pop the disc in though it queues the file list which takes 2-4 seconds. That doesn't bother me at all. My prime criteria when I picked an MP3 unit was good ability to handle directories. A few other units I looked at back then just parsed all the files into one large list that you had to <- and -> through. It'd suck to have to hit -> 60x or something to get to a song :)