PDA

View Full Version : dyno tuned "finally"

wickedaccord
03-14-2003, 03:01 PM
well i finally tuned my car. i pumped out 215hp. the torque.. i didnt get the torque from the guy. but ill call him back to get it. my peak hp wouldve been better, but my tuner OSHIMO (ericks racing tuner also) said with my exhaust and cat being too small along with my stock typeR muffler, it held my peak hp down. so he didnt really want to tune for peak hp. rather he smoothed out my power band. and due to that, i sacrificed high hp for low and mid range hp. at the end, i did 210hp sacrificing the 5hp for low and mid range power. so i still need to finish my dyno tuning.. as of now i am very satisfied with my power band. if anything i will need someone to post the dyno sheet for me. and hopefully some of u guys can translate the japanese measurements. so in the end im doing 210hp at 8100rpm. and this is with stock bottom end with TYPE R pistons. no port and polish, stock ports. im sure i can easily gain another 20hp maybe with forged pistons, higher compression, and port poslished head. although i do not plan on a port and polish. only plans is a typeR head.

ps
everyone should visit erick aguilars website. fastest all motor honda 10.67 with full stock ignition and stock pressure plate with 6 puck.
www.ericksracing.com

:bow: jon

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
03-14-2003, 03:31 PM
Good Stuff man!! I am glad ur GS-R is doing well!! Hey have the mounts given u anymore problems? and how about the bushings?

wickedaccord
03-14-2003, 05:11 PM
thanks.. but as for the mounts.. yes, ive had to weld the back mount. the bushings r doing very good. it's handle the abuse preeeety damn good. but if u plan on getting these mounts., and ive posted this before. make sure u weld the back mount down. and i mean weld that son bitch down for good! ive torn it out of the sockets and i dont wanna go through that process again.

jon

bobafett
03-14-2003, 05:55 PM
youre a maniac! i am really impressed with your setup there. please take it to a track and let us know how your investment paid off! :)

BOLINKXR-89LXI
03-14-2003, 07:50 PM
Thats way cool I found a set of sei brakes for my hatch at the pick a part in the vally I got them for $150 bucks did you have to change the valve for the back disk brakes on your cupe let me no

wickedaccord
03-15-2003, 12:21 PM
hey thanks trevor and bobafett. but i do want to take it to the track VERY soon. only thing is, should i take it to the track as it is NOW or should i wait for another dyno tune session? cuz i jus replaced my map sensor and that was the cause of some problems in the dyno tuning.. my distributor fried up too on the way home. jus got it replaced yesterday. but as for the brakes.. no u dont need to replace the valve. it's a direct fit except for that upper wishbone and the brake cable. EVERYTHING else is an exact fit. for 150.. that's wat i got mine for also. great price i should say. well.. i actually had to spend an extra 150 for slotted disc and axxis pads. but i am looking foward to seeing ur car trevor. couple of my friends want to test ur b20. they've ran my a20 before and i always had the whole shot on them on jus first gear, then they kill me 2nd gear on. they want to compare ur b20 setup to an a20 setup like how i had mine back then. very clean job trevor. by the way.. can anyone post my dyno sheet for me?? thanks. late

jon

wickedaccord
03-15-2003, 12:35 PM
by the way.. i blew my stock typeR muffler... consider never doing a dyno with stock muffler., damn.. especially reving to 9k 20 times continously. made me wanna cry, it was a true torture test. can u take it seeing ur 3geez being put to such torture test?? i cant!
=D
jon

bobafett
03-15-2003, 12:42 PM
i couldnt take my a20 up to 6k 20 times in a row! you are a brave soul lol...

then again b18 prolly likes it! :)

wickedaccord
03-15-2003, 03:00 PM
haha! yea, i remember when i used to rev the shit out of the a20. everytime i raced, i reved that son bitch to 6700rpm. i pretty much didnt care. the fact that i have a motor sitting on the side made me careless. but brave soul is a good way of putting it. haha!

jon

89AccordLvr
03-15-2003, 03:31 PM
hey i dont know if its in another post but do you have a pic of your swap i really want to see it

wickedaccord
03-15-2003, 03:46 PM
here r the pics...
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9688&highlight=wicked

these pics were from the last SoCal meet. we're having another on the 22nd of march. next sat. basically. there's also a video of my car in action. thanks a lot to trevor and joel (bolinkxr and socal3rdgen) for making this video. awesome work guys. looking foward to seeing u guys again. but jus browse through the thread. there's a lot of pics there. it might be kind of slow unless u have dsl. late

jon

socal3rdgen
03-15-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by wickedaccord
hey thanks trevor and bobafett. but i do want to take it to the track VERY soon. only thing is, should i take it to the track as it is NOW or should i wait for another dyno tune session? cuz i jus replaced my map sensor and that was the cause of some problems in the dyno tuning.. my distributor fried up too on the way home. jus got it replaced yesterday. but as for the brakes.. no u dont need to replace the valve. it's a direct fit except for that upper wishbone and the brake cable. EVERYTHING else is an exact fit. for 150.. that's wat i got mine for also. great price i should say. well.. i actually had to spend an extra 150 for slotted disc and axxis pads. but i am looking foward to seeing ur car trevor. couple of my friends want to test ur b20. they've ran my a20 before and i always had the whole shot on them on jus first gear, then they kill me 2nd gear on. they want to compare ur b20 setup to an a20 setup like how i had mine back then. very clean job trevor. by the way.. can anyone post my dyno sheet for me?? thanks. late

jon

wow jon im very excited. doesnt the tune of 215 hp please your ears. I can post a dyno sheet. send it to [email protected]. Im glad we didnt have the meet this today cuz its raining pretty good. see you next weekend. oh whats the deal on those bushings. did that guy have extra raduis arm bushings.

wickedaccord
03-15-2003, 05:46 PM
yea that's 215 at the crank. even though my car was detuned for a broader power band, i am satisfied. so going back for another tuning is a must becuz my car was running shitty. i will email it to u though. i sent it to yasu also. but i think he's at work. but if u want it. ill send it to u. ill explain the dyno sheets to u also on the email. and ur right, it's a good thing the meet is not today. it's pooring like a lil biatch outside. see u next week joel. thanks

jon

BOLINKXR-89LXI
03-15-2003, 11:42 PM
ha wicked I still have all the pix and the vidos from the last meet if you need a pic pm me your email

bobafett
03-16-2003, 10:37 AM
hehe. i watch that video a few times a week! :) i love it!

wickedaccord
03-16-2003, 12:57 PM
hey cool trevor.. i pretty much have them all.. unless u still have some that i havent seen then go ahead and send it.

[email protected]

jon