PDA

View Full Version : Hub Nut!!!!!!!!

Gerst240
03-14-2003, 03:06 PM
well the accord strikes again for bein a pain in the ass. i am replaceing my altenator and i took the drop out through the bottom route. so far i have it down to pullin out the hub nut and that sucker is siezed on there like it was welded ....i know that you have to dent out the side of the bolt i did it i tried heatin it up with a torch and i mean i got it hot! so now where i stand im thinking i can take the lower control arm off and the a arm and a few other things and just pull the cv shaft and everything as one and take that to a friend that has every size impact you could ever want ............give me your thoughts on this whole situation .....sorry if you cant read my mad english skills i have had a very long day

thanks
gerst

ACCORD EX
03-14-2003, 03:59 PM
well i used a 32 mm socket + extension and a 2 meter pipe and my dad is on it ! :D and he had to swing to get it off !

MIKE

YK86
03-14-2003, 05:07 PM
If you have an EFI 3rd gen, you just need to take the airbox assembly off the back of the manifold and the alternator will slip right through between the manifold and firewall. If you have a carbed 3rd gen, you need to take the two coolant hose/open close thing off the firewall (it's for the heater). This will create just enough space to pass it through and get it out where the torque rod is. Carot drains the coolant and removes the two coolant hoses completely which is also an easy way. So regardless of what model you have, you don't have to remove the axle.

mindlos
03-14-2003, 06:38 PM
I can attest to the carb method. Easy negotiatin along the firewall to the passenger side and comes out by the starter. You just have unscrew the coolant hosing clamp so you can push it to give way.