PDA

View Full Version : clear tails

killerb09
05-29-2002, 03:42 AM
well I'm starting to make a set of clear tails...
going to make sure I tell everyone how to do it too....

I managed to get the old lenses off pretty easy used 2 flat screw drivers adn a razor blade to cut the sealant as I went...toook me all of 30mins to get them apart..adn I only broke one part!!!!

not a big deal since I'll be replaceing the lenses anyways....

now what I'm thinking on using is 2 pieces of thin plexiglass to bend around the case...2 thin ones because of the think stuff is harder to work with and I would end up breaking it anyways....

also started with a set of SE-I tails...so guess what they aren't for sale anymore...lol

if it goes well adn looks good then I'll possible make a set for others out of my LX tails but don't bother emailing me about it yet....

lots of work left to do not even sure if I'll be able to finish

have to paint(or something else) the inseid of the taisl since mine weren't in very good shape and had like friggan mould or something eating away at the silver finish....no matter thinking on lineing them with gold leaf or silver to reflect well....

thast it for now.....

all you need to do to get them apart is leave them in a HOT place for a little while(like a day) so the glue is nice and soft....then just pry the lense off....it might break but save all the pieces so you can make the new ones....

I was thinking on evening making a mould and trying to make my own lense but scrapped that idea....

anyways any questions or stuff just post it here
I'll keep you informed on how it goes

hondaaccord_86
05-29-2002, 11:57 AM
i can't wait to see them!!!:D :D :D :D :D

CoAsTeR
05-29-2002, 02:48 PM
yeah, I broke mine as well when I tried to take em' apart..... I've just been to lazy to make a trip to the store to get the plexiglass so they're just sitting there collecting dust..... maybe I'll get amitious and finish the project so we can compare how they turned out... then again, its to nice outside to be sitting indoors doing 'crafts' hehehe..

AccordChemist
05-29-2002, 08:12 PM
you can go outside and do 'crafts' :p

CoAsTeR
05-29-2002, 09:04 PM
true... very true....... I think I may just do that tomorrow :)

I just did the primary & secondary fuel filters, carb cleaning and fuel system flush today. I advanced my timing a bit today too, it was bogging down bad between 1-3K rpm, I think I may have fixed that... we'll see...

killerb09
05-30-2002, 03:01 AM
update: after talking to a few guys about this idea and what I want to do....

well I've been thinking about it and decided to actually make a mould of teh lights and then inject the plexi into it to get a true form of the lense.

I can make the mould the plexi is goign to be the hard part....

Hoshizakido
05-30-2002, 12:20 PM
i used to have em but i got rearended and now mine are painted but here how i found how to do them pics and all that http://www.homestead.com/aerokits3/Howto_Cleartails~ns4.html