PDA

View Full Version : JDM B20A Ignition wiring.

hoppy
03-15-2003, 01:48 PM
Hi guys,

I'm not on this site too often, but thought i'll pass on a tip you might like. As you may know, the JDM ignition system is a little different to what we have here. In the sense that we have an ignitor on the distrubutor and not on the fire wall. Here is what to do when you install this JDM motor in your USDM 3gAccord or 2gLude. Scrap the jdm distributor and cam angle sensor.
get the distruibutor and cam angle sensor off of a usdm 87-88
Integra (your better off to stick with the 87, cause i think halfway through 88 they made some revisions to electrical system). All you have to do is plug and play. That how mine is setup and it works great. Oh yeah, use your O.E wiring harness, as long as it was from a fi car.

btw there seem to be quite a few of you doing this swap and i know what you mean when i hear complaints about finding parts. What are you guys using for replacement altenators, i think the 1990 Civic 1.6L altenator is very close.

Would anyone be interested in Delrin bushings for the Front Suspension?? Delrin is simmilar to Polyurethane ,but has better properties.

-SEAN

carotman
03-15-2003, 04:23 PM
I would like bushings :)

AccordSi
03-16-2003, 04:22 PM
I am very interested in the bushings. Please reply.

goldyaccord
03-17-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by hoppy

Would anyone be interested in Delrin bushings for the Front Suspension?? Delrin is simmilar to Polyurethane ,but has better properties.

-SEAN

I think he meant that you could use Delrin as in to make custome bushings?

reason I said that was becuase I did a search on Delrin and Came up with alot of topics with Mustang aftermarket bushings and mostly AUDI and BMW related bushings. Also, got numerous topics on explaining the properties..(Engineer talk). That was about it. They seem to have alot of them overseas. Germany, UK.

I'll try to do some more research.

hoppy
03-17-2003, 05:14 PM
No No, I meant what I said. I just thought that if there was enough interest, I would consider custom making some more Delrin Suspension bushings. I'm sure you all know that there arn't any aftermarket bushings available for this model. I've got a set for my car (85 lude), and am just going through the finial stages on a set for the front control arms. I can get a couple of pics of them just so you know i'm not smoking sumpthin. For now the fronts will be available and in the future I know I'll be making bushings for the rear of my car and can also do the same for the Accord. That's all, so just let me know. One last thing; all the critical dimensions are acurate to within +/- 0.1mm

Ya ya, I know I should be posting this in the "Suspension Forum". Next time.

goldyaccord
03-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Great! :D

hoppy
03-18-2003, 06:46 PM
I forgot that they came out in '86, so I belive the 86 integra distributor and Cam angle sensor will also work.