PDA

View Full Version : PW Motor

86AccordLxi
03-15-2003, 03:14 PM
How hard is it to change out the power window motor? Mine died and I've got a (hopefully) working one coming from a guy off of ebay but I need to know how hard it is to install and possibly a how to or at least someone to walk me through the process. Thanks.

Alex

ACCORD EX
03-15-2003, 10:37 PM
i think the main problem is to get the door panel out ! there are 3 screws on the arm set and another 4 , the problem is in getting the clips out , there is a special tool for it but i never got them out ! may be someone could help you in that !

MIKE

86AccordLxi
03-15-2003, 11:39 PM
The door panel comes off very easily..i've taken it off 3-4 times. I just want to know how i go about disconnecting the window and changing out the motor.

Alex

ACCORD EX
03-16-2003, 07:35 AM
now i am asking the question ! :D how did you get the panel out agter you unscrewed it ! :)

MIKE

86AccordLxi
03-16-2003, 10:06 AM
After you take off the speaker cover and unscrew all of the screws in the panel, you basically just pull real hard and the tabs will pop out. Disconnect the wires to the door light and the power window switch and power locks, and then it's off.

Alex

AZmike
03-16-2003, 12:15 PM
If I remember right after you have the door apart just remove 3 or 4 10 mm bolts that secure the motor and pull it out. Have something holding up the window or when you pull out the motor the window will fall into your door.

88' Accord Ltd
03-16-2003, 03:11 PM
It may even be easier with the glass out too. Its just 2 10mm bolts at the bottom of the glass. Roll the window nearly all the way down to get access to them with the door panel off.

86AccordLxi
03-16-2003, 11:10 PM
The thing is the window motor is dead...at least the glass won't move down. So it's just a few bolts and then it comes out? How about hooking up the new motor. Is it also a few bolt affair or is it more involved?

Alex

ACCORD EX
03-17-2003, 02:27 AM
BTW the motor could be ok and the connections are bad it teh switch has a problem ! one of my switch don't take the wndow up onlu down ! :D

anyway thanx Alex for explaining ! about pulling hard ! won't that damage the clips !

thanx a lot !

MIKE

shepherd79
03-17-2003, 03:53 AM
i just changed window and motor on my car.
when you have window stuck at hight position, you will have to unbolt the PW motor (10mm socket- 6 bolts), and drop the hole thing down with a window 9don't brake the glass. After that you will have to unbolt the window from the rail, 10mm - 2bolts.
the best way is to have some one to hold your window and you can slide the motor out.
installation is simple. slide new motor in, bolt it on and bolt the window on. try sliding up and down.

PS: when unbolting the motor, 2 bolts on the right side are adjustible. make sure you remember their position.

86AccordLxi
03-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Shepherd you are my savior!!! Thank you very much. I didn't want to pay to have this fixed. Thanks.

Alex