PDA

View Full Version : Intake Test Results For '02 Accord

HondaBoy
03-15-2003, 10:23 PM
well my friend with a civic had his old short arm intake to give me. he had got a CAI about 2 months ago. so its been sittin there. i decided to try this thing out on my 02 accord. its fit wasnt as good as one i can get specificly for the accord but i did alrite. it was easy to put on but i couldnt put the oil breather hose in because the connection was not right. i went for a road test and it did fairly good. first i try to see how it would take off from a flat stop. it did good but not much difference. maybe if i was the passenger i could notice. neway i went down to this road that is a bit less than a QM. its right before i get to the freeway. this is a good place to test ur car out. i had tested 2 times with nothing on it and got up to about 75 and put on the brakes. with the intake i got up to about 80-85 this time. i took it off because i dont think the filter is that great and its also loud. the only reason i did this is because my grandma also drives this car. not that she would mind that much. she would probley be flooring it all the time just to get that deep sound. lol. i would rather get an Ice Man intake or a AEM cai. both add some nice power and are legal unlike this short arm. also i hear those are somewhat quieter which i would like on this particular car. with that intake it sounded just like my 3gee. damn i need my 3gee fixed cuz i miss it.

HondaBoy
03-16-2003, 06:10 PM
heres the verdict. that short arm does actualy make a slight difference. but i personally dont like the loudness. i asked my friend with the civic if his cai made it quieter than the short arm. yes. so i may not keep the short arm on there. although i drove by my friends house and he said it sounded pretty mean. so thats a good thing.

bobafett
03-17-2003, 12:24 PM
i have always been under the impression that the CAI was easier to hear since the filter is further the from the engine bay its easier to distinguish the sound..

however, if youre looking for quiter, then you just need restriction! :(

HondaBoy
03-17-2003, 09:59 PM
naw, i mean harder to hear inside. my friends civic is queiter now inside with his cai.

bobafett
03-17-2003, 10:33 PM
hrm... i always that that the opposite was the case.. but i cant speak from experience, so maybe youre right! :)

you still got a free intake right!??!